cant join server

Discussion in 'Minecraft Help' started by engel556, Aug 18, 2012.

1. engel556

engel556 New Member VIP

heya mates i need some help. ive done as much searching as i can via google and these forums and i cant fix this. please cut me some slack, i havent played minecraft in months and dont know all of the ins and outs.

im getting the error java.netsocketexception: connection reset

from what i can tell from google, this is due to a mismatch between client and server versions. i know 1.3.2 was just released two days ago so my guess is that this is the problem. as such, ive gone to the shadecrest.com/outdated link and followed the instructions to no avail. ive reset my router/modem, restarted computer, reinstalled minecraft and java, and banged my head on the keyboard. no joy.

at this point the troubleshooting side of my brain tells me the only way to fix this is to load an outdated "jar" as mentioned on the outdated thread. i downloaded the loader and i get prompted with a bunch of different jars to download but dont know which one i should get. there is no 1.3.1 final. the closest i can find is the 12w27a jar (i dont know wtf that means but its closest to the bottom so i presume its most recent).

can someone please help? if i have to wait for the server to update so be it, im a patient guy. if there is a workaround i would love to hear it. the best reason i can think of regarding all of my solution attempts failing is that im not loading the proper jar in the "outdated" loader. can anyone confirm/deny that 12w27a is what i should be loading?

thank you very much for your help and i look forward to returning to shadecrest after a long minecraft break

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

use the 1.2.5 jar to get on the server

3. engel556

engel556 New Member VIP

thanks sharq worked first try!!!!