New minigame / event

Discussion in 'Contests/Events' started by PieSquared761, Sep 17, 2012.

1. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Stick Wars! Make a 5 radius circle in the sky, and the last one to fall off the circle is the winner! I play this all the time with my friends on a private server :D Ice is kinda buggy, so its especially fun :D

2. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

What about a triathlon? 300 blocks running with obstacles in the way. 200 blocks swimming, with patches of lava, or 500 blocks rowing, say in a river. 1k using a minecart, this one would be tricky as minecarts go at a constant speed so the only way to put a competitive edge in this would be having the mincarts falling off high cliffs into water, you can jump off early but there would be only a CHANCE to land in water then.

3. PieSquared761

But... everyone runs the same speed... unless they have some crack (swiftness potion).

4. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

We can make swiftness potions illegal to use, since we can catch them using it pretty quickly.

5. PhuzzYLogiK

PhuzzYLogiK Member

What about a giant Plinko board (the game from the Price is Right)?

Video from Price is Right: (skip to 0:50 for the game)

The "board" would be a tall cliff with a sheer face, covered by a waterfall. The "puck" would be the player. At various places in the waterfall, there would be blocks protruding from the cliff face that the player could land on (and breathe), then they would have to choose right or left. After several times choosing a path, they would fall into a room. Each room would have a prize assigned to it. You could change the prizes assigned however often you needed to so people couldn't "aim" for a certain room. You could also start people from different points at the top to keep them from following a known route.

Edit: Instead of a waterfall, you could also use a series of ladders, I guess. That would control people's paths a bit more.

6. PieSquared761

Still, all players move the same speed.

7. Beocca

Beocca Member VIP

Hmm some decent ideas so far, the running speed may not be an issue with proper obstacle placement. I notice others not being able to keep pace with me or vice versa, due to random mistimed jumps and losing sprint, or vines etc etc. I could always just provide a swiftness pot or 2 to all competitors to solve that problem as well

I'll keep it going for a bit, after we get a few more ideas maybe we'll have a some sort of vote for the winner

8. PieSquared761

Perhaps a parkour course?

9. PieSquared761

Maybe a line of dispensers where they have items thrown at the people. Maybe 2 slots of arrows, 2 slots of fire charges, 2 slots of eggs, 2 slots of snowballs, 1 slot of sticks. Last one standing wins. They would all be hooked up to a button so an admin could trigger it for the next round?

10. waterpower1

And everyone would be standing on a cliff, last one left is the winner

11. PieSquared761

No, the items inside would not try to knock you off, but would try to kill you. It could be set up to knock you off as well.

12. PieSquared761

If you want more skill based as opposed to luck base, I still like the ice circle of death :p

13. PieSquared761

Its explained above, a circle made of ice, radius changes depending on the amount of people. Everyone gets a stick and tries to knock everyone else out of the circle.

14. PieSquared761

Not really, ice physics are like woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh.
    Not to mention the knockback buff you get from sprint whacking someone you get.

15. Gatouli

Gatouli New Member

what about a boat race ?

16. brenthi2009

brenthi2009 Member VIP

thinking ahead a pig race!!!

where you can side track and try and get speed pots but it might be a dud one and send you back to start. or shoot a slowness pot.

17. Gatouli

Gatouli New Member

as about the boat race i was thinking to make a race with 3 laps ... in each lap there would be some special points that you will need to pass like some walls , rocks/blocks in the water and other things. There will be also some dispensers that will give you a boat incase yours is sunk/broken ( you will have to swim to a dispenser you have already passed along the course -no jumping ahead to one ahead of you- just stand on the pressure plate and one will shoot out into your inventory ;) )
    Boats will be provided at the start soyou don't need to bring any :)
    As about the rules:

You ARE allowed to bump into other peoples boats to try and sink them but hitting boats with weapons or any other item is NOT allowed.

Standing in the water creating a deliberate obstruction is NOT allowed and will mean disqualification.

Emptying dispensers to stop others getting replacement boats is cheating and you will be disqualified.

Taking a shortcut while out of your boat is cheating and you will be disqualified too.

You are not allowed to use poitions or buckets.

You have to cross the finish line in a boat to win!

i hope you like it :)

i also have think about how all the race it would be but i havent made it :p

brenthi, i think the pig race is a bit impossible atm as you dont have the control of the pig ... but it would be a awsome idea, i think, when the 1.4 update will be released that you will be able to have a carrot on a stick to control the pigs ! you can see more information about that here :) http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Carrot_on_a_Stick

18. brenthi2009

brenthi2009 Member VIP

yeah thats what i meant when i mentioned it.

19. waterpower1

You could control the pig using water...

20. PieSquared761

I cool minigame would be an archery contest :p Maybe while falling down a deep hole with a target somewhere on the wall?