A short history of a town named Erathia.

Discussion in 'Towns' started by ZPWR22, Sep 15, 2012.

1. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

It all started long ago...

At first, Erathia was just an idea. Nothing more than a simple thought that crossed the mind of the co-founder Alan321. Then, it shortly became a vision... something that Alan and I both wanted have; it would be a town that would not be restricted by any means. From building, to fighting. Everyone was free to do as they pleased. Yet, we had some issues from the get-go. For one, both Alan and I were loyal assistants to our capital of Arcadia, and felt loyalty to the mayor and the town, abandoning it all was one of the first obstacles to overcome. We both asked for permission from Manglor to create a town that was to be the war machine of Arcadia, he expressed great excitement in the idea that Arcadia would finally become a nation, and would also have a new town that would act as an outpost to DF. So, in short time Alan, tankexe, magetime, and I started a new town known as Erathia.

From there, things took off. The idea of 24/7 warfare appealed to many players, and Erathia grew in size considerably. Within the first week. We almost had around 20 members (most of these members were a group that grew infamous later on, and created a town known as Molten) and a rapidly developing city. We started to work on the fort, a small guard tower that defended against oncoming raiders from DF, and developed the first houses that people lived in permanently.

As all of that was happening in Erathia. A lot was also going on in DF. Their new mayor nrayf was preparing for war just as much as Erathia, and planned to win. A lot of tension was escalating between both towns, and a mere rivalry was starting to turn very serious. After some time this died down, and both towns were enjoying pvp as more of a hobby than a competitive fight that it was before, well... that didn't last for long. After one night of having an extremely fun and huge pvp battle. A lot of bans between towns were going on. Not saying that they were unjustified... but some of them were uncalled for. Besides that point. The bans caused all hell to break loose between both towns. And from there, things went from bad to worse.

I can't remember exactly what happened. But I do know that something happened that caused nray to quit, and I took a leave for about a month and a half. From there we go to the next part of the story, or rather. We go back to the beginning.

Part II
    What Erathia was really about.

Remember earlier when I said that we were going to be Arcadia's war machine? Well folks, I wasn't lying. That was our motto for a long time, that we were the sword of Arcadia, and that Olympia was it's shield. I only wanted the town long enough to crush DF, then I would be done with it. Alan had different intentions, he wanted to rule the town after I left. So I let him do that. From there Alan used his various skills and hard work to get Erathia back to where it was before what I would call the collapse. Yet, even with these accomplishments, Alan was worn out. He was done with working and had to leave. With Alan gone, we had lost our very own sword, and lost our shield with that as well. From here things quickly fell apart.

_Flagellum had to take over as mayor. Like all before him he was eager to earn the position, but shorty afterwards lost interest. During this time the town fell into a second collapse. Members became disorganized and began to spread out. It was... to put it short, disaster.

A couple weeks later I returned from my break, I was refreshed, and ready to take on the mayor position again. I tried to restore my town to what it was. Yet, my attempts were futile. And there was nothing really left to do anyways. Pvp was basically non-existent. And nothing was getting done by my assistants or townies. I realized that, it was time to let it go.

So, in a way. I've completed what I originally set out to do. I crushed DF's main pvp force, and preserved Arcadia at the same time. Yet, I failed, I failed miserably. Arcadia is at an all time low, and it doesn't look like it's getting any better. That's why I have a new mission. I want to go back to my roots. It's time I go back home.

THE END...

2. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

3. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

Oh no, don't start another war!

If you need me, I'll always be that nooby guy with diamond gear that has terrible skills and loses a lot. But doesn't care :D

4. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

Are you coming back to arcadia! tell me when and i can hop on for a second to invite you! and i wish there was something that could be done about towns, but i know the only answer is a lot more activity.

5. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

Yup, I guess I'll just message you when I see you on the forum. I don't know what I can do for Arcadia. But I'd like to help somehow