Building Perms

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by Z_Millla, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Just a small suggestion. Currently you need to be builder II to switch your game mode in both pixel art world and redstone world. I think that should be changed to builder I. The current policy is that pixel art and redstone builds will not get you promoted, so I don't see why we would expect people to get promoted twice before being allowed to mess around in these worlds. I realize they can spawn items and use a fly mod, but realistically no one will ever do that on a creative server as it is so tedious. I've brought up the idea in chat before and no one seemed to have an issue with it. The obvious draw back is fear of griefing, but few greifers stay around to get builder I, and even fewer would know all the different world warps. Thoughts?

2. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

What about a seperate rank for redstone and pixel builds? So at builderI you are allowed to build in the redstoneI/pixelI world and if you are seen as "good enough" you can be promoted. Of couse the builder has to explain all of his works in detail or give some other proof to get the promotion (meaning you can't just copy from someone).

3. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Lately i have been seeing some pixel art on plot so i ask the player to make a good build and if it passes then i will move the pixel art portion to that world. Most players dont seem to mind that logic. That way it wont get deleted if they have a good plot. And gives them incentive to make a good plot. But with redstone the only complaint i've noticed is that it dont say in the sign test that all redstone wont be accepted. I dont mind redstone on a plot if it is used for the build.

4. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Calculators are cool bro. Unless they're less than 8 digits, and don't have the standard 15 buttons.

______
    l9 8 7 +l
    l6 5 4 -l
    l3 2 1 /l
    l0 x =l
    ----------

:p

5. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Well those require more than a plot so we are back to no calcs lol

6. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

You can build up...

7. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Redstone is very hard to wire upward, as redstone cannot be placed on walls...yet.

8. oat82997

oat82997 Member

Correction, redstone is hard to wire down. Wiring up is easy ;)

9. subwayis666

subwayis666 Member

i wish to see a working clock ;o big one.