PVP Training Camps.

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by ZPWR22, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

I want to help build and teach as I figure I'm the servers third best pvper

2. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

http://imgur.com/s4824
    Make up your mind.

3. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Who is 1st, who is 2nd? Just curious, I don't PvP much.

4. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

Yea, I can take charge of this. My current isp is being converted until around next week, I'll be able to make a hiring post on monday and see if i can make some samplers of a camp in creative the following day. I'll pm you about the materials/rupies needed.

5. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

We can discuss this via teamspeak or via forum on monday. I wont be online this weekend.

6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

sophisticles said you can use MorningStar, would be convenient because of the town spawn, unless you have something else in mind.

7. slappywhitee

slappywhitee Active Member Creative Architect

I've always been interested in learning PVP but have always shied away from it due to lack of know-how and general fear of embarrassing myself. I think you guys have hit upon a fantastic idea here.

~Tracy

8. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

Sounds excellent

9. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

I think it would be better to make something that is made specifically for pvp that gives you a sense of what it is like, not a random town.
    As for having a town spawn, I'd be more than happy to put as much money as we need out there for a warp.

10. Lothaar

Lothaar Member VIP

This is just a suggested list of components in a PvP training facility.

1. Central barracks and gear storage. A place for instructors and trainees to store gear and meet up for lessons.

2. Small to medium size area or pit for base combat examples and lessons that do not involve extraneous factors or obstacles.

3. Small to medium size enclosed combat area with a variety of urban terrain such as corridors, rooms, ladders, stair wells for general CQB training.

4. Bridge set up to provide for scenarios for attack and defense training.

5. Wall set up to provide for scenarios for attack and defense training.

6. A set up or multiple set ups to provide for scenarios for each biome that has major differences in terrain for attack and defense training.

7. I would also suggest an obstacle course for pursuit and evasion training. It would be much more difficult than any standard terrain with lava, traps etc... It could also be used for timed competitions to develop camaraderie among the trainees in the same way that mini PvP tournaments could.

The barracks and simple combat area could be fashioned in one building in the center of the complex. The urban CQB set up could be in another building in the center of the complex. The wall and bridge set up could be in separate installations but adjacent so that they could be use together when desired; they would also be centrally located. The biome terrains set ups could be in separate sections surrounding the center of the complex, and the obstacle course could be laid in between the boimes and the center of the complex.

11. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

I'm willing to help out with making the camp and such. I'll be stalking EVERY post on this thread...

12. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

We could use cnc's castle if he would allow us, he has barracks and most of those tactical structures.

13. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

That would be pretty sweet. I really like the set up here. Although, It would probably be better to focus more on the training areas rather than the scenario areas. Regardless. That sounds good. :D

14. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

MorningStar would be nice to use whenever we set up a mock fight, but if it's just regular training, I think we might need a unique structure that would fit our needs. Also, I just realized we could use Erathia, even though I would preferably not use it due to its boringness.

15. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Well just talking about minecraft brought sophisticles back and he closed morningstar, the ruins could still be used though.

EDIT: wasted if you want the PvP guide can be added to the wiki once it's done.

16. bluud2

bluud2 Member VIP

I like this idea :cool:

17. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

Will there be different ranks for the trainees? I'm a great PvPer I think. I bet there are a couple secrets I don't know.

I get dos headshotz on the MineZ a lot...

18. Infamous_Thorn

Infamous_Thorn New Member

I'm not good with PvP so I could use the camp alot.

19. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

I don't know how we're going to set it up. Once again, awasted and I are discussing it tomorrow.

20. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

WASTED! Its monday! When will stuff be going down? (if at all)