Peaceful and PvP Reset: Feedback Appreciated

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by PhuzzYLogiK, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhuzzYLogiK

PhuzzYLogiK Member

I called you pseudo-intellectual because you gave some snippy, trite Ayn Rand quote and you clearly have no idea what Objectivism even is. If you did, you would understand that Rand's argument for ethical egoism completely undermines the point you're attempting to make. If you did, you would realize that Rand's social and economic views do not at all align with what you're saying. If you did, you would realize that despite a recent movie, Rand is considered a joke in any serious conversation.

Honestly, I would've let it slide, except for the fact that you've already posted several no-content posts, and I have previously nicely asked you to make an argument for your thoughts rather than just spew logical fallacies.

Now you're just layering the same crap with a quote that attempts to make this some epic struggle of individual vs society. It's still not presenting anything useful, it's just pseudo-intellectual babble. I stand by my statement.

I replied to Flag in a previous post. If you actually took the time to read and think about things, you would have caught it:
    Also, "super liberal idea"? :rolleyes:

Yeah...case-in-point. See my first comment. You still don't get it.

2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

^+1000

Someone finally called out North :3

Dynodamon likes this.
  3. Cranstone

Cranstone New Member VIP

Butthurt aside, IF the server is going to be reset when will it occur approximately? I'm just wondering because it's really pointless to play when you know any progress will be wiped from now on. On a side note I realize that all y'all are having a discussion Saturday. I'm posting this because I will not be online during the discussion.

Evil_Argonian and salmon_flavour like this.
  4. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

I was talking to Max about not doing anything because you know everything you do will be gone anyways. I was just about to post this :)

5. Evil_Argonian

Evil_Argonian Member VIP

Well, I have decided I wouldn't mind too much if the server was reset. I have made a plan for what I shall do if it is, and at this point the best I can suggest is that everyone should go ahead and make a plan (in terms of absolutely NOTHING crossed over) as well. Once you find a good one, be it teaming with others in the new worlds or becoming a hermit with no trades whatsoever, then hopefully you'll be ready when it comes, if it comes, which it seems likely to now.

EDIT: Also, if this is gonna happen, can we try to make it sooner rather than later? Because otherwise we'll just be wasting time until then.

EDIT 2: What's the situation on webauctions related to this?

EDIT 3: And it would seem imaxorz has confirmed the reset, by giving everyone who was online at the time tons of diamonds. If this isn't confirmation, then.... yay lootz!

6. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i cant wait to have the map if you provide a save :D

7. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

It'd be good to go over what we have, and what to change. I'm personally at the stage where I don't care about losing McMMO, the only thing which sucks is that we'll lose party chat.

I'm keen for there to be no /warp nether or /warp end. Make players earn the right to go to these. It'd be cool if the nether could be linked to the pvp and peaceful world, but you can't make a portal in the nether back to the overworld. Also, a /warp end would be created once the first few players who made it there legitimately kill the dragon.

Not sure about the admin shop which buys things, but say, if it bought cobblestone for 10r a stack, we could then base the diamond price off this, and make it about 100r. Could also, instead of making it cobblestone, make it stone, so players need to do some work to sell it off.

And I disagree with this. When I joined the server, I hardly interacted with anybody. I have two memories of shadecrest in terms of other players in my first 4 months on the server. The first one was offering heath a stack of sandstone and torches to help him with monstamash, and the second was asking in chat how to lock a chest after I had been robbed. Literally just these two. That means that if we were to adopt that, it would have taken me 4 months to become a member. Not to mention that checking it would be difficult, and make it harder for the players who apply as soon as they hop on the server.

Evil_Argonian likes this.
  8. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Maybe griefing is allowed if you're not in a town? I know this will upset a lot of people but it would sure get people to join towns. I say we do that last resort if no one joins towns because its a little extreme.

And maybe players could purchase chest protection removals that are from players that are over three months old or perm-banned and they could pay for admins to remove them. Kind of like how we used to do but not free- maybe 500?

Also people could buy certain perks? Not any perks that are better than VIP perks but maybe some like this:
    -A sign with your name on it at spawn
    -Maybe a special skin that people can buy
    And just some other small things like that.

I just thought of those real fast on the spot so let me know what you think about em.

9. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i never really thought about it, but really small things like that would get people to donate more money i'm sure. i really like the names at spawn, it would allow guest's to see how many people are on here (roughly)

10. majestic_moose

Another thing to help encourage donations. $30 gets you a warp, yo. If you've already done like $20, chuck another $10 and get a head start :p

11. heathqr

heathqr Member VIP

Dude, please, please, PLEASE dont vote this year. We really need to get Obama out of office and just from reading this, I know who you would vote for. First of all, your first point is irrelevant. We are not trying to fix the economy, so that whole spiel is a non issue. Second, the reason for the reset is to retain more members in which your second (point?) is completely counter productive.

The whole point is that we want a large, active community to help with the support of the server. Server rental and teamspeak costs money on a monthly basis, and if we dont find new, fresh donors, the server will suffer. The goal is to have as many people active as we possibly can. We cant do that with your isolationist, cliquish tendancies.

Ok, so now that it has been determined that a reset is imminent, I also would like to know if we have a date planned. The sooner the better because of the point others have made regarding not playing anymore. Also, please continue to vote daily even though the rupees gained are worthless after the reset, because we still need to keep our standing up and just a couple of weeks of everyone NOT voting could be fatal for that.

Imax, the clock is already ticking. From the moment that you have declared our direction, to the point that it is reset, we are losing votes and attendance. Lets make this happen ASAP.

12. majestic_moose

Pretty much. Update as soon as we have the basic necessary plugins. We don't need to wait for towny, mcmmo, herochat, webauction etc. All of these (except hero chat) won't be later til it's useful.

Also, no dynmap for the first few days. If not, automatic dynmap hide at least. We're wanting to make it more like survival, and survival involves exploring to find the biome you want, or that village to claim.

13. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

I heard they were removing McMMO :(

14. Cranstone

Cranstone New Member VIP

This is why I said please be open minded, and bringing government into this is totally irrelevant.
    By the way.....Im Canadian.

Evil_Argonian likes this.
  15. devilfish281

devilfish281 Member VIP

What is the date the for Shadescest 2.0 being up and running? It should be fun,

16. majestic_moose

Whatever happened to shavecrest 2.0?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.