Total revamp of shopping experience (proposal)

Discussion in 'Shop and Trade' started by k9katz, Sep 28, 2012.

1. k9katz

k9katz Member

This would start with the establishment of standard prices (which we could get from the shop price list atm)

Now, here's the twist on it. It'd be admin controlled! but stocked by players! with the excess materials or proceeds/profit from the difference of buy/sell going to events or just plain deleted.

1.) shop would be easy to locate . like : /warp mall
    2.) prices would be tight in buy/sell.. like: Diamond 33 buy 31 sell .. most chests should be double chests
    3.) things sold/bought should be, to start but not limited to, the basic items.. like: seeds/ore/ignots/logs/wool/stone, could or could not be added are: stairs/fences/sticks/stone bricks (depends on admins).
    4.) Admin shops being the only shops to buy/sell from. (ppl would definitely buy from them)
    5.) If the chests are full, then you know there's too much of that in the economy. Then there would be open trade. ( I could see this happening to Stone pretty quickly).

2. k9katz

k9katz Member

hmm, I could see that happening. I'm curious how tight the buy/sell prices were because I think the solution might be in that.

here's a example: Diamond 33 buy 31 sell (33:31 would be the sign designation). A buyer wouldn't bother looking too hard to find someone selling for less cuz its only 2 rupies .. and a seller wouldn't bother looking for a buyer cuz of just 2 rupies difference.

Also, If its at all possible, to have just the admin shops as the only shops. Maybe 2 double chests of most basic items like Stone/cobble/sand/logs.. while Diamond? idk maybe a single chest?

there would have to be subtle changes to be applied and I've got one: Everyday have an admin randomly take a stack or two of some main items out of the shops to put toward Event chests or just eliminated from the game because keeping the chests from being constantly full will make it more worthy to re-visit (for sellers).

it would make a standard price for items at any rate. Like buying gold at the admin shop has been.. people would be foolish to set gold prices less than 25r atm. So Diamonds and other items can have a minimum value this way also.

Items sold out of the Admins shops should equal out to around 5-6% profit.. Kind of a sales tax!

3. The_Mexicans

The_Mexicans Member

They would sped them on personal towns duh

4. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Perhaps making warps 10,000r would encourage people to buy them?

5. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

Unless it is 10k for all yellow names then it would only majorly benefit the richer class.

6. k9katz

k9katz Member

*spoiler* revised original thread with this and other additions.

I'm not going to beat this thread to death. So, I'll just add this.

1.) It'd work. 5-6% profit.
    2,) Admins shops being the only shops to buy/sell from.. ppl would definitely buy..

It could be easily tried and tested if the pvp & peaceful gets a reset.

7. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

To begin, I'd like to apologize if any of what I type seems jumbled up, out of order or is just plain hard to follow by any. My brain works in very disorderly and aggravating ways and I rarely take the time to reorganize my thoughts into a sequence that the majority would perceive as "sensible."

The above words having been typed, understood and the point they are intended to convey assumed accepted I shall continue typing more words below.

1. Maintaining a balanced economy within a game with virtually limitless resources is not an easy task. Seriously. There is stuff everywhere and that is a fact. Could even be an understatement, but I don't see that as being likely...
    I've lost my train of thought...
    Turkey sandwiches are delicious.
    Aha! Found it.
    Limitless resources, yes. If there is an infinite amount of something that is easily obtainable (opinions will very depending upon the items those two words are made to apply to) there is little to no demand for that something within a market setting. (E.g. Everyone that wants poop can easily acquire poop. If you tried to sell poop, no one would buy it for the aforementioned reason... and the fact that it's well... er... poop.) Greatest example! No. Nor the cleanest.
    2. Any player(s) that so chooses to metaphorically get off their lazy ass and collect items and resources can effectively remove themself from the buying aspect of market transactions. Well if that ain't the most obvious thing I'll type all day. Whole room full of suppliers and one making demands.

I'm uh... not sure if by "admin controlled" you mean the shops will have a seemingly infinite amount of money to spend like the cash4gold kiosk. (I said "seemingly infinite" because I don't really know if that is the case and if it isn't then most of this crap becomes null and void.)

If that is the case then yeah... one making demands with an infinitely fat wallet. Everyone can sell to this guy until his chest is full to burst with goodies. Then what? Wait until the contents of the chest are deleted or become an event prize? Then the chest is lubed up to accept more punishment? Everyone gets a fat wallet and a free train ticket to the next derailment?

Put a slice of banana and peanut butter between two ritz crackers and enjoy.

If the chest contents are never moved or deleted, then obviously no one can sell to it and I doubt people would buy from it so the market would just go stagnant.

All this seems unnecessarily long.
    I'm tired of typing/thinking.
    I think most of that stuff up there comes down to hypothetical situations, but I can't entirely remember what I typed and I'll be damned if I'm going to climb all the way back up and re-read it.

Basically, find a way to create a demand like when the valuable resources (iron, diamonds, gold etc...) were removed from the main maps. They could only be obtained from the mining world, which went without a reset for an unremembered amount of time during which the sale prices for those items skyrocketed with the demand. Idk... find a balancing point.

I think this might belong somewhere else.

SCK.

imaxorz likes this.