server build contests

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by sioutdoors, Oct 8, 2012.

?

how often should we have build contest

1. weekly

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. monthly

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
  3. quarterly

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. yearly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Some players having been asking about building contest. So lets hear your thoughts on it. Who,what,when,where. Also as I haven't asked Imaxorz about it yet but what would you like to see for prizes. Also what size do you think contestant build areas should be. You wanted here is your chance to help set it up. Please give some feedback

2. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

i think that every week you should do a certain theme and that it shuild be in the builder world so everyone can enjoy it maybe even an hall of fame for the builders who won

3. sioutdoors

Run it from sat to sat. 10 plots 20x20 new theme every week. What about a pallet every week as well. Like using these blocks, sorta the secret ingredient if you will. Also must post in the forums to join contest.

slappywhitee likes this.
  4. TheOnlyGurra

TheOnlyGurra Active Member Creative Architect

sounds like a fun idea, tho to me, having a contest every week seems like it will take up alot of time, once a month sounds better to me

slappywhitee likes this.
  5. creeperkiller132

yeah now i think about it yeah and i think you should allow teams of max 4-6

6. creeperkiller132

now that i thought of it i'm with gurra once a month with a certain theme and teams allowed but max of i think 4 or 6

7. slappywhitee

slappywhitee Active Member Creative Architect

I'm a really SLLLOOOW builder so I voted every month...lol. Also not everyone does well on teams...there are alot of very talented loners on the server who take some time but make lovely things. So I think a monthly contest would be cool and also keep it new and exciting instead of just being the weekly norm. JMHO.

As for prizes, well I have no idea because I don't know what is available as such. And yeah the "secret ingredient" thing sounds really cool. But criteria such as size, content/theme, restrictions should be clearly defined in advance. All in all sounds like a very fun idea! Can't wait! :D

~Tracy

8. sioutdoors

So every month solo contest. Quarterly team contest. Secret ingredients. Builds judged on size,detail,and representation of theme. Reply in forums to enter. Voting done by everyone via post pole. Prizes TBA but i was thinking like vip perks for the month. Plots 20x20 and only 10 so enter soon. Builds deleted after contest. Builder I and up with admin filling empty slots if they want. Anything else?

Pieman and slappywhitee like this.
  9. slappywhitee

Lol...Sounds like you have it worked out perfectly Siout. See that OCD of yours is very helpful at times.:p I am very excited about this! Hopefully Imaxorz will be cool with it too. If so , I volunteer to assist in any way I can....(as long as I'm still allowed to compete occasionally. Just for fun. lol)

10. sioutdoors

Sure we need an out of the way location and start working on the contest area

11. creeperkiller132

slappy i only said that you could allow it its not against the rulez to go alone

12. creeperkiller132

i just found a big island where i'm building a castle together with G1 maybe we could make the other part of the island for compitition plots and the castle for a hall of fame ?

13. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i think it should be more than 20X20.....thats a really small space to make something you want really detailed; the focus of this server is to make things big and impressive and large. i like everything else, especially the v.i.p. perks for the winner.

14. sioutdoors

Small yes but i would think some people dont want to spend an entire month building for the contest. Plus we can always start small and expand if the idea grows into more than 20x20 can handle. Until it catches on we may want to stay smallish. Maybe 40x40

15. slappywhitee

Yeah I think 40x40 is a better idea than 20x20 Siout. Some prefer building out to building up...lol. Also for location, can't we just pick a large area out in the Builder World ocean somewhere and have someone terraform some land there for us? (Perhaps Dmcnally1 could help with this, as he seems to love terraforming and is both good at it and fast...). Just an idea...

~Tracy

16. sioutdoors

As long as its plenty far out of the way i dont see a problem with anywhere. Just note 10x40 is big lol. 200x200 plus landscaping and decorations looking more like 300x300 food for thought.

17. sioutdoors

Max likes to think big. I like where this is going

18. creeperkiller132

yeeeey :D max likes it to this is gonna be big

19. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Brace yourselves for impact.

20. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

oh god...he always posts tl;drs when it comes to creative things, at least brotherandre isn't here anymore to contribute to the tl;drs XD