iwilleatyou4 Architect application

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by iwilleatyou4, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwilleatyou4

iwilleatyou4 Member Creative Architect

IGN: iwilleatyou4

Why I want to become Architect: I would very much like to be an architect for several reasons. I love this community and helping out in game to look and give other people ideas on their builds when I can. I like to keep an open mind and see what other people build. I think after spending a while on this server, I've learned several new techniques on how to build creatively.

How long I have been on the server: First seen : August 29th, 2012.

Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below:
    Some warps:
    -eat3
    -eat2
    -eat1

Some pictures:
    Here is the starting point for my area -- /warp eat3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This area was actually the starting area where I started building -- /warp eat2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just for sioutdoors :p
    [​IMG]

This area's idea came up to me when I was doodling in class lol.
    [​IMG]

This idea had come to me spontaneously while I was fooling around with redstone. Check it out, you'll be suprised :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is another project I created from doodling in class.

[​IMG]

Here is my most recent build -- /warp eat1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    --------
    I feel that I learned much from being on this server, considering that this is my first creative server on minecraft. Please leave any feedback regarding what I should change/ improve for the future. Thank you.

2. Fabulous55

Fabulous55 Member

I've been through all of your builds, and I really love the detail, time, and skills put into this. A yes for me

3. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I can remember your plot it was a mess lol but you worked your tail off learning how to improve it. And I've been around from day one of your new projects. I talked to you last night and told you it was gonna be a no from me. But then I learned from you. Not everything has to have precise arches perfect corners and in general square plumb and level. You have taken everything we have taught you and made it your own style. And for that I congratulate you. But perhaps since I have spent a lot of time watching you build and tutor when needed. I feel that I am too involved emotionally to make a judgement. Good luck

4. iwilleatyou4

Thank you Fabulous55, I appreciate it very much.

Thanks sioutdoors, that means alot to me. lol too emotionally involved :p but thanks! hopefully my hard work will pay off.

5. oat82997

oat82997 Member

It's a maybe from me, I think one more build will set me over though ;) Good luck!

6. Parhnoied

Parhnoied New Member Creative Architect

I would have to say yes. I like how none of it actually feels like it was mimicking real life architecture (Roman, Greek, English, ect) but instead is something of your own. I am a fan of the super elevator, but i have to say the bridge setup is my favorite.

7. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I'm a bit on the fence. The build has grown very large and has great detail. My only gripe is that with so much block variety and no consistent theme, it can feel very busy at times. Even so, the area does look nice and I especially like the details used in the new sandstone building. With a little more focus on block choice/theme, it would be a yes from me.

8. Fabulous55

Fabulous55 Member

I agree with Z and oat, I think one more build with a more set theme and pattern will do it. :)

9. iwilleatyou4

:confused: you guys are killin me here lol, but lets say I was to make another build, what color pallete would u say i should use? and would it have to be larger or smaller?

10. Fabulous55

Fabulous55 Member

I think that is up to you, and what style you are going for. Don't go for anything too extreme and don't over use your blocks. And I prefer to see larger builds. :)

11. iwilleatyou4

well thats kind of contradicting to me, you want me to put a same color pallet on a new build, preferably bigger. but when i am building, i go with the flow, i dont necessarily make a bunch of builds the same blocks. thats just my style :p

12. Socklord

Socklord Member VIP Creative Architect

I like your style, and while you have some great looking builds so far, none of it really screams architect to me. I would like to see another build from you before I decide.

13. Fabulous55

Fabulous55 Member

My answer is still yes, I was saying make one more thing to convince others,
    and she* ;)

14. TegAshLar

TegAshLar Member Creative Architect

I enjoy your creative whimsy, I really like warp eat 2 and your most recent build, I agree that you need scale down your block variety. Other than that I think you put a lot of effort and time into your builds and they have lots of detail, and I think you would be a great addition to the list of architects.

15. Liasha

Liasha Member Creative Architect

Getting there, but yeah, I'd say you could go for a more unified theme there. You have several things all in one place with different styles and block selection and it kind of clashes.

16. slappywhitee

slappywhitee Active Member Creative Architect

Looking at each building separately, without allowing myself to be distracted by whats around it, I have no problem giving you a yes. The buildings are lovely and I'm really digging the wonderful use of color and texture here. However, the others are correct in that the buildings grouped together as they are really detract from each other...its a bit too chaotic. I think if you separate and move the buildings to different areas then taylor the surrounding landscape to each one separately they will look much cleaner and really be able to shine as the wonderful creations they are. Do that and it's a yes from me....but for now its a not QUITE yet.

~Tracy

17. iwilleatyou4

Ok, well based on everyone, I have to make another build, something big, and I will go with the color scheme of the wooden arches, maybe changing or adding a block or two, depends what comes to mind while doing so :p

---
    For my own info:
    Yes: Fabulous55, Parhnoied, TegAshLar, GhostofAtlantis,Creeperkiller132
    Not yet: Liasha, Z_Milla, Slappywhitee, imaxorz
    Too emotionally involved : Sioutdoors

18. GhostofAtlantis

GhostofAtlantis New Member Creative Architect

I'd have to say it's a yes from me, but I agree with Liasha in that, you need a more justified theme. good luck :D

19. iwilleatyou4

I am posting the new build that I worked on for the people who said I should make another build; I hope you like it :)

Warp is --- /warp eatyou

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

its a yes from me :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.