Major Mining Spawn Grief

Discussion in 'Grief Report' started by dango_chan, Oct 24, 2012.

1. dango_chan

dango_chan New Member

IGN: Dango_chan

Coordinates: x -246, y 72, z 145

Map: Mining map

What got griefed: The spawn at mining has been griefed almost beyond repair. All the grass and trees have been turned to solid diamond blocks. There is lava absolutely everywhere. There are cakes and dragon eggs scattered about like crazy. There are TNT blocks around, sponges, and water everywhere too.

How many blocks: Uncountable. Just too many for me to even estimate.

Who griefed: I tried using hawkeye but it didn't work, so I don't know who did it. I'm guessing someone with a powerful game mod, or someone who is a staff member, considering all the grass/trees were converted into diamond blocks.

Did I talk to the player? No

What did they say? N/A

Do I think they should be banned? Yeah, probably.

Do we need rollback: Yes. There is no question. This makes the game hard to play and unfair (because someone can presumably just keep mining all the diamond blocks)

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now normally griefing in the mining world isn't a problem since that's allowed. But this kind of griefing changes the game drastically since, as I assume, you can harvest the diamond blocks everything was turned into (I have not tried this! I don't want to get banned for simply mining a block as a test!)

2. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

Screenshots are broken.

3. dango_chan

dango_chan New Member

@awastedlife: I uploaded them to a different site now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @imaxorz: The point of posting this isn't entirely to just find and ban people; it's to rollback the map so that people can mine things from there without having to traverse all this junk, and so people don't keep mining the diamonds, making it unfair for other players. Many other players have already started doing just that; mining the diamonds. I tried using hawkeye but it didn't do anything. Literally nothing happened. IGN "Bronwen2001" appears to have some knowledge of what occured, though.
    From what I heard on the server, the general rumor is that a mod did it because the server admins are going to reset the map tomorrow or something. And somehow everything anyone mined from there will magically be taken from their inventories/other worlds they brought it to.

4. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

oh no, we should demote this mod that did it!

5. dango_chan

dango_chan New Member

Can't tell if serious, or if mocking me because doesn't believe me or everyone knows it was a mod and I'm an idiot who hasn't gotten the news yet. XD

6. Archenemy666

Dango, I was being a troll, just ignore me. The situation that happened in the mining world was done by staff, yes. Though, it was purposely done because we're resetting. We were having fun, and celebrating the last moments of the old map.

7. Archenemy666

Also, hawkeye doesn't work in the mining world. Since griefing is legal in the mining world, hawkeye is pointless.

8. dango_chan

dango_chan New Member

@Archenemy666: I got the feeling; I just wasn't sure. Also it makes sense it wouldn't work; I just thought I should add that.

@imaxorz: I saw the front forum page and the news was to join an IRC to "discuss the future server plans". I just like to play, so whatever happens happens and I didn't really take much note or continue reading. But sure enough, at the bottom, in regular text is that this means a complete absolute reset. I just didn't know about the grief being...well, supported! XD Thanks for clarifying.

I'm used to playing on servers that rarely post announcements, and if they do, it's as a chat message in-game; so checking a forum/site is new to me. In fact, this is the first server I've ever signed up for.

Anyways, thank you both for setting me straight. I'm going to go attempt to wash off the shame of embarrassment now! Hahaha!

QuietSea likes this.
  9. And until the reset happens I would be aware of large black dragons flying in the sky, massive armies of undead, or a swarm of apocalyptic chickens...>.>

ModernDragoness and Archenemy666 like this.
  10. And the utter and total destruction of Nifix's porch by some crazy man.

QuietSea and Nifix like this.
  11. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

12. I see my wall of fiery death machine made an appearance in screeny 1 and 3.