Tips for quicker promotions

Discussion in 'Creative Guides and Tutorials' started by sioutdoors, Oct 25, 2012.

1. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

We'll I see the same mistakes over and over so I thought I would share some of them here to help out. Not that I'm a good builder by any means. But this is just some stuff/tips the the admins see every day and generally do not like.
    #1: obviously come visit the forums and the wiki page for all the rank permissions and commands. If you need one of the admins to do something don't try and get their attention in chat (it can get annoying) there is a command just for this reason. Its /modreq and a message. The message should be clear on what you need us to do. Example of this is /modreq hello my name is IGN and i have completed my plot app and would like to have it inspected. Thank you.....not I'm done come see.

#2: glowstone.......... for the most part shouldn't be used as a block type to build with. But mainly used for lightning and accents

#3: trees....... while they do add appeal to the build, too many can take away from it.

#4: details..too plain.... you will hear this alot from the admins. What this means is architectural details. Like columns,supports,windows etc. Not add more colors so it look likes a rainbow when its done. Try and stick to 3-5 main colors with a couple accent colors.
    #5: shape/form....... before you start a build take some time to do a little research on what style your building in. Most likely a box with a roof will not be good enough.

#6: interior design/landscaping....... as a rule the inside needs to be complete as well. Also take the time to make the unused portion of your build area appealing. Example of that is things like planters/hedges/exterior lighting and paths/walkways

#7: minecart roller coasters......almost never will a coaster get a promotion.

#8: redstone.......if your in plotworld almost never will an all redstone build get promoted.

#9: bans on your IGN......if your account has multiple bans on it your chances of getting accepted to builder I are even harder. Don't lie about them when asked. Be honest and straight forward when talking to admins about this. They will know.

#10: look around: the best tip is to just look around and ask what got someone promoted. Then learn from that and adjust your build style if need be. Also go to the /warp tutisland. This area has examples of everything from fire places to ships and even entire house for you to learn from.

But mostly have fun and enjoy the community. Even if you cant get a promotion. From plotworld you can build there as long as you like. Just build and learn the promotion will come in time.

PS: if there is anything else that you would like to add please feel free to do so by replying to the post

2. adam_mills

adam_mills Member

cant do roller coasters as you cant place rails

3. sioutdoors

You can in plot world but i wish you couldnt

4. adam_mills

adam_mills Member

oh, didn't know that, that makes no sense, as builders and archs could use them more than guests could... so surely it makes more sense just to ban them out right?

5. sioutdoors

Yeah in plotworld the damage done can be easily reversed. But in other worlds look out minecart everywhere.

6. sioutdoors

bump for the new players

7. adam_mills

adam_mills Member

8. sioutdoors

Update: .......... item frames and potions disabled for guest and builder I

9. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

this should maybe be added to the guide or linked in the apps

10. sioutdoors

Its in guides and tutorials and we dont use the apps much because they apply with their builds mainly

11. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Love this Si! I'm wondering if you guys couldn't post this link in an occasional repeating broadcast in chat.

12. sioutdoors

I paste it a lot when checking plot

13. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

:
    same :)

Legend9468 likes this.
  14. iamenrique123

iamenrique123 Active Member VIP

Do
    And there goes my alchemy emporium

15. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

After going through this with a guest. There should be a bit about everything being so straight and geometric and how actual villages aren't like that and how it doesn't look that good.

16. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

as soon as my exams are over i am making a video on shaping