Death / Near death stories

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by Beocca, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Beocca

Beocca Member VIP

I want to hear stories of every ones recent adventure's into the wild unknowns. The recent changes
    are sure to have bred some good ones

The nether was quite an adventure for me seeing as i had not read up on changes. Pigmen beating me down and stealing my stuff to help them continue beat me down amused me the most i think

A few suits of armor and swords later i come across a lowly magma cube, the lowest of the food chain. Feeling my pride wounded i rushed over, stabbed him once with a smile on my face. Only to freeze in terror as he exploded and set me aflame and a blaze appeared to finish me off. :D

sharqman likes this.
  2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Fell down 6 blocks, then I took an arrow to the knee.

3. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

to soon.

4. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i hate the falling lol it's so ridiculous. i dont have many stories though

5. PieSquared761

You mean 356 days too late? (Skyrim came out on my birthday, 11/11)

6. sharqman

it's always to soon for that joke.

7. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Why Pie?

8. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

Back to topic,
    I was happily mining in an abandoned mine shaft when all of a sudden I see a small, glowing pair of eyes. I took one look and bolted but I wasn't quick enough, I could feel its poisonous venom already flowing through out my body. As it was about to take another bite I pulled out my trusty sword and chopped its head off.

By now the 6 lives that I had lost had been regenerating for some time, but as soon as I heard a slow pitter-patter across the stone I realised that I wasn't going to make it. I sprinted 3 blocks but then saw a diamond vain, I managed to mine the 6 diamonds that were there but by that time I the creeper had snuck up to me and was about to finish its dreaded countdown. 2 blocks down the tunnel that creeper EXPLODED, puffs of smoke bellowing out in all directions, but for some reason I was ALIVE. When I was minning the diamond ore it disturbed the dirt roof of the tunnel, causing a cave in on the poor fellow. I sat down to crack open my bottle of restoration in celebration but while I was plucking at the neck of it, a skelly came wondering down the isle, it took one look at me and fired.

I woke up in my blessed home, the safest place I could be and wept, for as I was leaving my house I remember an explosion behind me. The coward that I was only had bolted without one backwards glance.

So this is how I was made to start all over again...

9. PieSquared761

At least you weren't walking by happily with 4 stacks of iron then died of "unknown causes" while taking no damage whatsoever, THEN somehow getting a deathchest message even though I'm VIP 10, and had no chests in my inventory.

10. Dragonnewt

Dragonnewt Member

I was mining in an abandoned mine shaft, dark, and scary. I eventually stumble upon some small spiders that were easily slain and continued on in the direction they came from to only find myself in an even worse situation. I see many many cobwebs in the distance and see that it was the source of these small spiders that were bombarding me with there vicious poison and ferocious bites of terror. I try blocking them off, killing them, but they don't stop coming when suddenly...

Ssssssssssssssssss, BOOM!

I find myself weary in my bed, terribly wounded, and with all my iron, diamonds and gold gone... for the third time...

11. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

I got excited D: I have TONS of near death stories, just in IRL XD

12. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

*Plants TNT and thinks he can mine everything
    *Explosion radius is fixed and dies in the process.

13. Beocca

Beocca Member VIP

random silverfish stone in caves made for some fun too. didnt know what it was at first.

kill the one the archer fires and then 2 more come from somewhere. I merely kill them as well and then after i kill the skeleton i notice 6 are now attacking me. I just smile at the chance for more exp as more and more keep coming to be slaughtered.

But as i get pushed backwards by them i notice that more and more stone is missing from the tunnel and i am being SWARMED by fish. My smile quickly wanes as it gets more and more frantic to stay alive. hunger bar is too low to sprint, and no chance to eat. To make matters worse there is nowhere to run except that cliff where i left 2 creepers waiting after running for my life just before that :)

Needless to say i died, oddly enough from fall dmg lol

14. sharqman

*jump into ravine
    *land next to a creeper and die with out even touching the gound

imaxorz likes this.
  15. PieSquared761

Not to mention the fact that it takes a while for a creeper to explode, even if it saw you. It would be impossible for it to explode before you hit the ground.

16. sharqman

I landed on it's head lol, I never saw it I thought i died from fall damage, but the message said creeper

17. PieSquared761

Wait a second... why did you jump into a ravine in the first place?

18. sharqman

lol cause i just died and was in rage quit mode :p

imaxorz likes this.
  19. PieSquared761

Good name for the mod ;3

20. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

First Mining trip in 2.0 I was in a ravine happily mining iron from the upper levels, turned around to find a zombie who promptly pushed me off the side, the fall didnt kill me but the 3 creepers I landed in the middle of did