Weather Poll!

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by PieSquared761, Nov 10, 2012.

?

Should We Remove Weather?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2012.
  1. Yes!

61.5%
  2. No!

38.5%
  3. I Don't Care!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

you can turn off sound client side, or get a sound mod, we can't just turn off sound server side.

2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Spoutcraft won't work for me, does it work for you guys?

3. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

There is a command..I think in Essentials, that allows a player to turn off the local weather (versus toggledownfall) . It would be useful for both the admins who are annoyed and those you might want to allow that as a paid privilege. I agree though that without weather you lose a lot of the true survival experience. Frankly, I'm always concentrating so hard on what I'm doing that I don't notice it at all. One thing I must say is how grateful I am that your server is so robust. The biggest complaint I had heard previously (elsewhere) was the resulting lag. I vote to leave the weather as is .

PS. Just looked it up since I've only used the /toggledownfall... /weather allows you to set a specific type of weather.. I guess that wouldn't help after all.

4. Abdullahj

Abdullahj Active Member

I want to keep other in game sound effects. I'm not very good at hacking/modding/installing/changing files.

5. Abdullahj

Abdullahj Active Member

In fact, I'm gawdawful

6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Then I have one think left to say.
    [​IMG]

AnnodynS and QuietSea like this.
  7. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

This guy
    [​IMG]

Thomasdd13 and AnnodynS like this.
  8. UberDarkAardvark

UberDarkAardvark Member VIP

Hell, ill comment. The only issue with the weather is the constant thundering. It is always thundering, and when it does rain, it thunders every second. I already have weather turned off, but the sound of lightning every second forces me to turn off my sound. Why cant we just tone down the lightning? I see no benefit towards having Zeus playing with lightning. I know I revived a dying topic, but its not dead yet, and the lightning is annoying...

9. UberDarkAardvark

UberDarkAardvark Member VIP

Not really. Still happens quite frequently.

10. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Jerimiah Johnson baddest trapper in the mountains. He skins grizz