TNT

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Zero_X4, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Zero_X4

Zero_X4 Member

Hi! So on the wiki-guide it states that TNT softens stone, bigger blast, 3 instead of one....etc. However, nowhere does it state that TNT is only above ground, and only VIP15+ (I can't for the life of me remember the mod's name who informed me of this, terrible memory) can use it.
    Now, I'm not quite sure if this is ONLY usable in the Mining world, or everywhere (presuming no griefing, of course...) And the point being that if this is so, it should be more accurately stated in the guide (Seeing as we got a lot of updates with 2.0, and not everything is readily apparent at first).

*Warning, semi rant*
    Additionally..... Why must I pay to be VIP to be able to use TNT? Not that I DON'T want to support the server, but withholding an element from the core game seems kinda high handed.(Aka Kinda poor now+Would have to use parents card to do so as I don't have my own...yet)
    (Building house on side of cliff, don't want to waste absurd amounts of iron or move elsewhere, and TNT seemed the best route to go, so upon toiling for sulphur and then discovering I can't place TNT, I was irked and sought to find the answer.)

2. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

From my knowledge, max was going to make TNT on the surface VIP15+ (Instead of no one) while everyone can still use below the surface. Don't think we ended up going with it though

3. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Then what is he going to do now?

4. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

He never said anything about not actually being able to place tnt. Actually trial it. Shouldn't work above ground, should work below for everyone.

5. PieSquared761

Can VIP 10's use it 7_7?

6. Abdullahj

Abdullahj Active Member

I find that annoying. pay shouldn't decide how much a person is trusted. Some griefers will do so much for a little thing. It should be actual ranks(other than VIP), that decide how much someone should be trusted. maybe some permit system should be put into action, allowing people to use TNT only if they have permission from a moderator.

7. PieSquared761

Nope.

Also, it is pretty game changing.

8. PieSquared761

People are busy, I don't think they would just put everything down and put TNT down for you.

9. PhuzzYLogiK

PhuzzYLogiK Member

We are serious people in a serious game, and we don't have time for no TNT.

But seriously (see what I did there? :p), if no one is nice enough to place TNT, then two words: financial incentive. Capitalism is a beautiful thing.

10. PieSquared761

We mine to make money. In this case, we need money to mine, see the problem here?

You would make a profit, but if they're reasonable, it would be marginal at best.

11. PhuzzYLogiK

PhuzzYLogiK Member

Personally, I mine to get stuff I can use and money is merely a means to that end; so no, I don't really understand the obsession with "making money". If you're not using it to do something in the game, what's the point of having it?

Second, assuming you're going to make money by selling whatever you mine out, then you would have to pass the cost of TNT extraction onto your customers in order to improve your margins. If you can't do that and stay competitive, then TNT is not an effective tool for you. Again, capitalism is a beautiful thing.

[edit: And last I knew, TNT could be used by anyone in the mining world below the surface...so I'm not sure what you mean when you say you can't mine with it?]

12. Mercury_NYC

Mercury_NYC Member VIP

I'm all for VIPs only having TNT access.

13. PieSquared761

VIP 10s can't use it, not sure if bug or intentional.

14. PieSquared761

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. :)