Gheistis City

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by A360P, Nov 16, 2012.

1. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Not sure about the name BTW, any ideas would be much appreciated :D (not exactly my strong suit). I have been building this for two days so far and it includes some nice custom terrain too, it's not really my usual style of build so hopefully it looks OK just been a bit inspired by people like Sioutdours and TegAshLar to try something more....new?...epic? IDK.

I have had bit of help from Sioutdoors, Aidanzokia and Creeper, and encourage anyone to come down and see me if they have any good ideas to add :D. The warp is /warp GheistisCity .

This is the entrance/dock <---- W.I.P

Gheistis1.jpg

This is the side of the docks and the start of the market district

Gheistis3.jpg

Here is the entrance to the city itself

Gheistis5.jpg

From the entrance this is what you see:

Gheistis6.jpg

Here is looking back up at the entrance:

Gheistis7.jpg
    As you can see it is a massive W.I.P. but i'm pretty happy with it so far. But I will need help making ships, so please post here if you want to make some ships that are docked and one sailing away. I want some fishing boats too :D, and the warp will be located on the deck of the docked ship.

2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Nice ;)

Also, is the name from Ghetsis from Pokemon lol?

3. A360P

haha not intended, that didn't even compute when it popped into my head :D

4. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

Name it Erathia

5. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

nice keep us updated

6. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

NAME IDEAS:
    Make a big flame in the middle and call it Vesta's keep (vesta is the guardian of the sacred flame)
    Rheasias (Rhea is a greek earth titan)

7. A360P

Bit of an update, about 5 days on. Not much too has happened on the build, due to me helping out Siout at new spawn, which is looking good well done siout :D. Anyway here are a few snaps of what has changed:

This is the start of the new docks, which is actually the latest addition to the build. No block variety atm, but it will look nice promise ;D. Saying that, if anyone wants to put some boats there when the docks shape is finalised that would be great as I am no boat builder T_T. Just pop your; IGN, a warp to a boat build would be nice and rank down and I will get back to you at some point in time.

Gheistis8.jpg

Ok, so Siout swang by on day two of the build and he suggested some sort of curved supports under the stairs and this is what i came up with and is by no means finalised.

Gheistis9.jpg

[INSERT IMAGE OF MARKET DISTRICT HERE] Sooooooo, the file was too large and I cannot be bothered to reupload as a smaller file due to it not really being very good, and is all too likely to change completely within a day or two (or more depending on things i guess).

Just extended the entrance and added a cheeky chandelier for some lighting, as it is excessively dark.

Gheistis11.jpg

So, Aidan has been a handy helper on this build every now and again and came up with the idea for a spire extending out of the hole in the mountain/cave so we made a start on that together:

Gheistis12.jpg

So the tower was completed......ish. the exterior is done for the most part anyway :D

Gheistis13.jpg
    That is all I really have to show for now, hope you guys like it. Also, please hit me with any suggestions and or help requests (again include your IGN, rank, warps and what you want to add) unfortunately you need to be Arch + to help build on this but any ideas from warps are still much appreciated :D.

Much love,

-A360P

<3