Possibly the biggest request ever.

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by Abdullahj, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Abdullahj

Abdullahj Active Member

Hello shadecrest! This is going to be a huge request, so if you hate working, turn around and leave.
    Anyone is allowed to help! So, I've been watching the Ictonington series, and I tought we should do the same thing! I still need to find a large area, but if you would like to build an enormous city with me, please say so in the comments. Also, I would appreciate if someone recorded everything. I would like at least 5 participants other than myself, but would be overjoyed if I got more! More info will be given at a later date, but for now, I thing that I will start building sometime in january. Please, Join me!

2. Edomien

Edomien Member

I am able to build, record, and edit nicely. But I follow a schedule, where I am usually limited to Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I've recorded for siout, but he canceled the recording project because he felt the project was a bit messy. I use FRAPS and Sony Vegas 12 Pro. Let me know if you would like to take up my offer.

---Edomien

3. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

seems like a good idea, i can record whenever im on, but my editing is a bit bad (windows moviemaker) but i use fraps, let me know if you want it or not plz
    ~dead

4. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I'm happy to help with building. Although regrettably, I'm not going to be setting myself up for recording until early next year, when I buy a new graphics card and PSU for my desktop. Although I would imagine that 3 people recording would already be fine and I could find a headset, so we can all converse over TeamSpeak.

5. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

ya after christmas i can get on teamspeak, no good mic, and no headphones right now

6. Abdullahj

Abdullahj Active Member

For some reason, I cannot hear chat on teamspeak. So, sorry.

7. Legend9468

If I may point out, I think that the two cities are going to turn out somewhat differently. These types of builds evolve more organically when playing survival as compared to creative.

These people built a city, making ti up as they went along and because of the time they spent playing it, the city also developed a certain sense of character. In creative, we start and finish a lot quicker and if we make a mistake or don't like something then we can just delete it. In the Ichtonington series, if I remember correctly, because they were in survival, you had their farms and abandoned areas of the city. In a creative city, everywhere's abandoned.

I'm still happy to contribute, but I thought that you peoples should keep this in mind.

8. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

What do you mean by you people?

9. Legend9468

Anyone? Everyone? It's just the way that I speak; I suppose in these circumstances, it would mean the people interested in the build. I felt obliged to point out that the feel of the place is going to be completely different, to one built in survival.

10. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Easy I was just kidding but yes survival build will be way diff.

11. Legend9468

Apologies, I wasn't trying to come across as defensive then. I tend to speak/type differently and about 10% of the time it comes across differently to what I intend.

Needless to say, I've had some rather interesting conversations from misinterpreted sarcasm.