Wild sheep losing their colouration (Even the wild ones!)

Discussion in 'Survival Server Issues' started by salmon_flavour, Dec 11, 2012.

1. I managed to spot a black sheep and a grey sheep and got them back to my home after a pretty solid 20 minutes of stop-start trailing.

I thought, awesome, i've got coloured sheep that I wont need to keep re-dyeing! But after shearing them, their wool grew back white. WHITE.

So I want to know, is this mod as cruel and heartless as I am thinking it is? Or have I been victim of an unfortunate bug. Pretty devastated nonetheless!

Edit: I might also add that I got a chance to breed them before shearing them, and the lamb popped out dark grey. I cant spot this dark grey sheep anywhere though so it appears once it hit adulthood the wool turned white. Whyyyyy

2. Wicked_Walrus

Wicked_Walrus Member

part of the hardmode =/

3. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Yes it is part of hardmode. I wondered what was wrong while out in mining #6.. I had to 'break through the snow' to get to the spruce trees. lul... I was like whaa?? Milla assured me it was normal. Only then did I remember all the extra little tweaks involed in hard mode. :) Very funny.. and not a real big deal. :)

4. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

the sheep is the only one that really bugs me a lot. It doesnt make the game "harder" just more of a pain in the butt to get different colored wools. I can survive without them, i just miss cool looking floors lol

5. Everything else the hard mode brings makes sense, most of it is realistic. But I really didn't expect a naturally occurring sheep to not keep its coloured wool! I can understand that the sheep you dye yourself would revert to normal, that makes sense. But the latter is just cruel D:

6. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

That is a bummer. I had a feeling that would happen, but you logged out right before I was going to tell you last night haha. I also heard from Beocca that if you dye a sheep, and then the sheep eats grass before you sheer, it will still be reverted back to white. Just thought I would mention that so people don't waste dye.

7. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

The plugin considers grey/black sheep to be "dirty" sheep. Thus once you shear them they aren't dirty anymore.

AnnodynS likes this.
  8. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i think the maker of this plugin was racist :p

9. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Cleanse all the dirty sheep!

AnnodynS likes this.
  10. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I read it Max!! *Annodyn raises her hand and waves frantically. xD

11. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

By the way, there was SOOoooo much to read. :) I spent HOURS reading about BOTH servers before I even joined one of them . I need to read it all again since.. really ... it was all too much to take in to try to start playing both servers at once. Lots of commands and fun things to keep in mind. I <3 <3 <3 the survival server. :) Way more fun than normal MC.

Z_Millla likes this.
  12. Qandipup

Qandipup Member

To be honest, that dirty sheep thing is the only thing I remember from the survival wiki.

AnnodynS likes this.
  13. Chronos

Chronos Active Member

I read nothing ! but i do know how 80% of the stuff works :) if i need to know something i read on it ... i never read the entire section takes 2 much time :p

Time is Money Friend

14. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I just like to be thorough.. comes with maturity. :p I like being one of the few players that actually reads the wiki.

15. Chronos

Chronos Active Member

i have read the wiki at 1 point and another .. wasnt all at once .... :eek:

16. Qandipup

Qandipup Member

Chronos and maturity don't mix.