trukklob's second attempt, lol

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by trukklob, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trukklob

trukklob Active Member Creative Architect

Hey guys, it's trukklob- :D

I would like to become an "architect" on Shadecrest creative because I believe that the new challenge of added server responsibility will help me maintain my interest/passion for expanding my building and creative skills. I actually build more structures in my (limited) free time on Shadecrest than i do on singleplayer mode (sad). I find that the critique/opinion/praise/disdain of fellow players of all stripes encourages me to be more thoughtful when i'm building, and it helps to enhance what would otherwise be a completely self-serving task (i.e., design and exploration). The additional tools afforded the "architect" player, if learned quickly and used effectively, would only serve to enhance my building style and hopefully provide a unique and satisfying world for others to enjoy-!

I have been building on "Shadecrest" since at least August/September, 2012 (not sure, it doesn't seem like that much time has passed!) I recently joined the survival server, although i have to say, creative is still my favorite-! :D (darn gravity, and such...!) (p.s. SORRY, UberDarkAardvark! no grief intended!!)

*Although I have at least a dozen small to medium-sized builds scattered across both the "builder" world and the "creative" world, my current architect project can be viewed at "/warp trukapp". (or /warp tavern1 if trukapp doesn't work for some reason, lol!) (hehe, it's a WIP, but you get the idea!!!)

I have a couple of builds near the "builder" warp...
    -Going out from the front door of the warp, if you follow the stone path past the epithet to "quietsea" and to the the left, you will see a small "trukklob survival tower" with a 10 diamond max diamond- hunt challenge. (good luck!)

-If you take right from "Quietsea's epithet" and cross the small ocean inlet, you will find one of my early builds... it is a raised house in the ocean with an "admins welcome" sign in front. (check out the shower, drip-drip!)

-Keep going past the "raised house", follow the shoreline to the left, and you will see yet another survival house jutting-out into the bay... (this was much more recent, and one of my fav's! :D )

-In the lower-left quadrant of the (creative) dynamap, you may find a large stone-brick "flower-shaped" structure with a small town blooming below it's platform... this was my previous attempt at "arch" status, and I may come back to this one and finish off the details later- hehe...

-I believe the public warps "/warp truktown" or "trukvillage" or "trukcity" still exist and/ or are accesible, all of them are early builds... (*let me know if those warps are dead or private, I can "tp" you there if you really care to see them...especially trukvillage, as it has an excellent sewer build below ground that siout was the first to see!! :D )

-If you visit player's "metalpants" or "warzinna's" builds, your will find a hidden "trukklob" cabin and medieval house build on, or near those properties... (below the giant spaceship!)

-I have a large "jungle pyramid structure" (/warp truktower, i think... :p) filled with detailed tree-houses in either the builder or creative world (my first failed attempt at arch status, :p ) which I have unfortunatley lost the warp/coordinates to, lol (I think all the admins, including max, have seen that one- bird-shaped tower, skyships, wooden-glass pyramid, etc.)

-My most recent fully completed builds are in Sioutdoor's "mountain village" group-build... I have a small plot in the center area of the town with a moderate-sized villa, complete with landscaping, stables, and even a small guest cabin- :p hehe (it's next to Pieman's and Annodyn's kick-ass shopping center, lol)

-Also, Siout let me build a small "boat mooring/ dock building" in the mountain village... it was a bit outside my comfort-zone, but I like it-! :D

*Thank you for your consideration for "architect" on Shadecrest, I hope I can join the team as a unique and supportive player who appreciates the well managed structure of this creative server!*

(pps... I have many small "trukklob" cabins scattered across the world, as well as several unique expirimental builds that I have abandoned... can you find/ identify them? lol!! let me know if you think you've found one that is not listed or has been abandoned, hehe...!! :D )(hint: one is near hockeyblocker's warp /warp thehole ... :D )

(ppps... Annodyn rocks! A very good candidate for Admin status!!! -just my opinion :p )

(pppps... I was originally promoted by "oat" before he got banned for whatever- if it is possible, my first plotworld build was most awesome, and although it has probably been deleted forever, it would make a great addition to anyone's starter town builds..hehe!)

*also- Folster is freakishly good, and observant! He may be an admin before too long, he promoted nearly as fast as Peter/liasha, lol! :p

Attached Files:

2. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

well first of all great arch app. Would have been and awesome one if it had pics too lol. Secondly the work you did on the community build know as Montaeire is just fantastic. You just killed it there. Also the houses at your current build are very detailed and have lots of depth and style. I have no doubt you have tallent on the medium scale. And I would like to see what your made of with some world edit to help things along. Its a yes from me

3. trukklob

Awesome, thanks Siout! :D I appreciate the prompt feedback and positive support, two things that I have come to expect from Shadecrest admins after playing here for the last several months... (sorry about the "no-pictures" on the app... I was typing it pretty late after work and totally forgot about it, lol! )

4. TheKillorX

TheKillorX Active Member Creative Architect

i dont even have to think. yes from me ;).
    i like your builds really much :D

5. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

TRukk <3 <3 You are toooo sweet to say that about me. I wuv you.. and now I'm gonna go check out ALL (yes all of them) builds. DarnFTB!!! I hate you.. too addictive and hubby wanted to play it.. Only for night time from now on :p I wanna build! Honestly.. that's what I love most. Enough of that.. going to check your builds so I... who am not qualified for voting can put in my inexpert opinion. {{hugs}} Ps. I have to say I do love bee-keeping though. :p

6. trukklob

hehe, thanks Killor-! phew... (I finally put my app in, lol!) :D Your giant tree gave me a sense of what"large" means for scale in MC, and inspired my bigger build-style, Killor-!

AnnodynS likes this.
  7. trukklob

:D <3<3 Hi Anno-! Well, it's all true....you are probably the nicest "lady-player" I have had the pleasure to interact with in MC-! (you also live in Texas, so I'm a bit biased as well, lol) Thanks for checking out my little builds, and yes, FTB is slightly addictive... hehe, I destroyed the first bee's nest I saw b/c I thought it was some kind of new "mob-spawner", lol!

AnnodynS likes this.
  8. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Trukk.. I visited that first warp and remember now doing a little W. E. for you. :) You're detail and depth are just wonderful. :) I ADORE the inn!! <3<3 Sigh .. I want to play on Creative but my adult daughter (22) is here and wants to make crafts today. So.. I don't know when I'll get a chance to get on. I plan to go visit the rest of your builds later today if I can. :)

And golly yes Truk! .. you don't get the concept of 'big' till you go see Killor's latest build. :p I thought my Parthenon was big. lol .. no .. it's tiny.

9. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I'll need to hop on to the server later on to check this out, FTB has been taking up most of my time at the moment just to get things running smoothly :p. Also, obviously I will be spending most of my time with my family for the next couple of days now, but soon I will check it out.

10. trukklob

Thanks 360-! Take your time, I think we will all be preoccupied for the next week or so, haha! :D

AnnodynS and A360P like this.
  11. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

Trukk, I love all of your work, and your app! I always thought from when I meet you you were already an architect. xD
    Your builds have amazing detail and I can tell your dedication to them. You are active on the server, and always helping. Yes from me, you have serious talent. :)

12. trukklob

Hi lion-!
    Thanks for such a glowing review...! :D And thanks for reviewing my latest app-
    My "screenshot" function doesn't seem to work, otherwise I would have posted pics instead of descriptions, lol!!
    BTW... how do I get one of those "yes/no total vote counters" on the top of my arch app-? I have all yes's so far, except for 360 who wanted me to complete "/warp tavern1" before I receive a "Yes"...
    Your builds rock, lionfish... and maybe I can collab w/ you on future builds-?! :D

13. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I think it's just an option to have a poll when you make the board, try editing the post and see if you can add one, but you may have needed to put one in when you made it.. Oh well, they're not very accurate from what I can see. xD
    And I would love to collab. x)

14. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Bump, please everyone put in final votes.

15. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

No from me, sorry I spoke with Trukk but forgot to post on here :S

16. trukklob

Thanks for voting 360.. you mentioned that a "yes" vote from you would require me to finish /warp tavern one first-
    I appreciate your input, and plan to keep adding the finishing touches to the build as time permits...

:D

17. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

It's a yes from me. TrukApp felt a bit weird at first because there were wooden floors for the streets and all; but after I realised that were in the middle of the ocean, it made perfect sense and felt incredibly right. I would like to see you finish it as well, it's a standout build for me at the moment.

18. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I also liked the way that the warp's in the tavern, it's like waking up 'the morning after' and wondering why you're on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

19. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I am now qualified to vote and based on all of your builds.. It's a yes from me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.