FTB rules tips and more

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Hizeron, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

We are still tweaking and adding rules to make the server more enjoyable, so there will be additions to these rules as needed.

This is what we have so far

1. Don't be a jerk to everybody. I have no problem baning players that are ruining the experience for everybody else.
    2. PvP is allowed, but you are not allowed to take or keep anything. So if you kill somebody, toss their stuff in a chest for them if they will not get back in time.
    3. Stealing items from chests is not allowed. That said, make a safe for your really expensive items for added security.
    4. Link book rules
    4.1. Ages will be cleared out often. If you want your world saved contact eziger92 or Hizeron. Only one world can be saved per person.
    4.2. Do not log out in an Age unless we saved it. If we remove a world and you are logged out in it you will not be able to get back on until we fix it.
    4.3. You are allowed to steal linking books if they go to your base, really close to your base, or go to your world. This is the ONLY exception to the no stealing rule, and is allowed so you have the ability to secure your base.
    4.4. About the link book modification disarm; Your best option is not add disarm to your books. If players loose their stuff due to your disarming book there will be consequences.
    5. placing blocks that produce noise in other players base is allowed but the block cannot be hidden in the walls or floor. It must be in the open. You may be asked to remove it if it is not found in a timely manner.

Tips.

1. If you have no experience with these mods then I would recommend looking at IC2 here http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Main_Page You can use a macerator to double your ore. :)

2. For those of you interested in nuclear reactors, be sure to shift click when making double cells. If you don't they take some damage and then you can't make quad cells with them.

3. We have a player defense system set up around our house. If you start taking dammage when you approach then back away quickly or you will die :)

2. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

These seem pretty good to me so far.

3. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

^ no issues with them rules Hiz :)

4. You should probably add something about people with references to marine animals in their username. These people, like eskimos and fisherman , have a strong bond with fish and all animals marine and it is imperative that this is acknowledged (S.Flavour 2012). It's necessary that they get weekly installments of fresh raw fish or they are likely to suffer and this is an unfair disadvantage to them.
    J.Burger (2002) from the Division of Life Sciences, Rutgers University, states that Fishing plays a major role in the lives of many people.
    E.W. Dunn et al (2011) from the Journal of Consumer Psycology speculate that if money doesn't make you happy, why not fish?
    Lastly after reading several extremely positive book synopses of "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" by Dr Seus, a solid conclusion can be made that the "Fish" element was key in the success of the book.

Don't overlook something as important as this, I hope some very real consideration will go into making a decision on this matter.

On another note. The rules sound good.

5. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

... Mmm'kay, somebody has clearly lost it.

These rules CLEARLY do not sound good!

AnnodynS likes this.
  6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I can add a section to the wiki if you guys want, imaxorz should probably give someone FTB related an account anyway though

7. A360P

My vote would be with Z_Millla, he has put so much time into this modpack, he seems pretty knowledgeable about everything.

8. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I support this man's cause

AnnodynS and sharqman like this.
  9. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

10. Liasha

Liasha Member Creative Architect

Personalize your portals:

Portal guns are useful and all, but in a multiplayer environment, everyone using the basic portal gun is using the same two portal connections. That's bad. However, you can customize them to get unique portals that won't get mixed up.

1: Murder a pig and stick a raw porkchop onto a basic portal gun to make a bacon portal gun.
    2: Find your PortalGun.properties file—in the directory you installed FTB in, look in \minecraft\config
    3: Towards the end of the file, find the two lines that control the color for the bacon portal gun, that start with

baconGunColour2=\#[color]
    baconGunColour1=\#[color]

4: On both lines, replace everything after the # with a hexadecimal color code. For best results don't use pure shades of a color (i.e., fa1306 instead of ff0000 for red) to minimize the chance someone else will use the same one.
    5: Restart the game, and now when you use a bacon portal gun, portals you create with it will be uniquely attuned to you, won't get mixed up with anyone else's, but can still be entered by anyone.

11. A360P

You are a legend <3

12. crazyboy162

crazyboy162 Active Member VIP

I haven't been able to get on FTB yet, but the rules seem reasonable. I wish Forge would cooperate with me. :/

13. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

Has this been tested and verified? If so then I am adding this to the tips page with credits to you :).

14. Liasha

Liasha Member Creative Architect

I've had a pair of custom-color portals open in my base (between diamond level and the surface) for four days now. They haven't been moved, and I haven't gotten any surprise visitors. I'm fairly confident it works, but to be certain, you'll just have to get a couple of people to test it out.

15. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

added to the wiki, if there are any updates that haven't been added to this let me know

16. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

We should probably have a rule about quarries and what they generate. We just experienced firsthand what happens if a quarry is left without somewhere to dump excess resources, a fair amount of serverwide lag. The dumping could occur in a chest, or straight into a lava pit. But with the amount of discarded blocks, there is the potential to use an incredibly unreasonable amount of server memory.

A360P likes this.
  17. I think ima just plop this lil link in here... BAYUM: http://thermalexpansion.wikispaces.com/home

Ok, on an actual serious note, I think Thermal Expansion should be in tips too, cuz Pulverizers double ores AND get you some occasional goodies(Small amounts of gold from large amounts of copper :D), only problem being that the recipe does require a couple of gold ingots, so aside from that, I think it's a pretty good mod to start out with, been messing about with it a bit, quite fun.

18. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

cant wait to join, just waiting on whitelist