Should I be an Architect?

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by Tar Guevara, Dec 25, 2012.

?

Should I be an Architect?

1. YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tar Guevara

Tar Guevara Member Creative Architect

Thanks, Lionfish! I have moved out of China and went as far as I could go until I reached the end of Shade Crest's world. I found a couple of islands where I will build a Godzilla. This time I will try to disengage myself from reality, as Annodyns so succinctly said above, and build like a child would. I will imagine a build devoid of realistic constraints and free myself in the process. Yeah, right. Let's just say that I will try my best to come up with my best build yet. :)

2. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

That is all well and good, just don't forget to make the structure have support (realism added to fantasy). i hope that makes sense :)

3. iwilleatyou4

iwilleatyou4 Member Creative Architect

Very nice builds. Personally, I am also one who makes many different builds that are not related, which makes my areas look messy. What I would suggest is making something BIG, and by this I mean something that at first glance gives that "wow" feeling. I agree also with what other people said about how there needs to be more detail within. Always gotta check for that one trapdoor that you miss on a glow stone lamp, or a slab that is missing in part of a walkway :p I personally noticed that when I would look around for mistakes like those, I would come across a part of the build, and give it a little change up to make it look even better. Which leads me to my next point that there is many shapes that are repeated one too many. Like windows with the same frame circling all around the top and bottom floors. Replace some of the windows by adding a little grass area surrounded by iron fence with flowers in the grass, and already it would look better. Its the small pieces that make the big piece stick out. It's a no from me, but I know that soon it will change :) I see great potential.

4. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

I will check it tomorrow I'm not home right now so tomorrow I'll tell

5. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Yup, this is a good tip! Gotta remember you can always improve :)

6. Tar Guevara

Thanks for the tips! I will keep them in mind. Like I said, this application has enlightened me to many aspects of building that I didn't know or paid attention to before. This can only improve my skills for my Godzilla! ;)

7. Tar Guevara

Godzilla is starting to take shape! :)

Attached Files:

8. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

8 have voted no. I think I'm going to lock this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.