Technical difficulties. Not sure where to post this.

Discussion in 'FTB Guides and Tutorials' started by Liasha, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Liasha

Liasha Member Creative Architect

OK, I'm having a pretty annoying issue with all my IndustrialCraft equipment, namely that it just plain quits working. The MFE/batbox won't recharge items, transmit power, or take in energy; generators won't respond to fuel input; machines sit there and do nothing even though the power indicator is full; even the iron furnaces sit there and do nothing when you put in fuel and something to cook.

I have to completely disassemble everything with an electric wrench and replace all the objects to get them to start working again, meaning any stored energy in them is forfeit.

After some experimentation, I've determined this happens whenever the chunks they're in are unloaded. If I go to the Nether, visit an Age, relog, or just go too far away, I come back to a completely inert base that I have to take apart, put back together, and recharge/refuel to get it working again.

Is there an explanation for this, is this a bug, or am I just going to have to install a world anchor to stop this from happening?

edit: this issue seems to describe it perfectly, so it's a known problem.

2. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

I checked the link you provided. Do you have any HV cable or monitors in your base? This is the first I have heard of this bug.

3. Liasha

Liasha Member Creative Architect

I did have a monitor; I removed it and the issue seems to have gone away. Oh well.