Revamp Tutisland

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by Lionfish12, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I was walking through tutisland, because I was just bored, and I feel like it needs a whole new make over. When you walk in, it's dark wood and glow stone everywhere, and I feel like the structure itself is showcases exactly what we don't want to be seeing. I understand that it's just something to contain the examples of different styles, but I feel that the whole building could be used as an example as well.
    Also, a lot of the examples in the showrooms are, to be honest, impractical and not very nice looking. And there has also been some grief around the island, mainly involving turning off redstone and destroying paintings. but it shows that the island isn't exactly taken care of, along with rooms that are mainly empty.
    I'm not sure if there is already someone in charge of this place, or if someone has already said what I am thinking, but I feel like it would be a really good idea to re-do tutisland.
    I would love to volunteer to be in charge of making this, and I had the idea of making a large building as the main structure for the warp, along with using some of the old showcase rooms and ideas, along with new ones.
    Again, I'm not sure if this has already been done, or is being done, but I just wanted to put my idea out there. :)

2. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

at the time it was done that way under ground so it wouldnt take up alot of room above ground in an already crowded creative world. But I agree its ugly lol. And i will help with it since it was my idea in the first place a whole new revamp with better walls and lighting.

3. Lionfish12

It wouldn't all be above ground though, I was thinking like, have a large building above that looks really nice with example rooms, so people can see how to incorporate different furniture into different rooms, and get a look on how it really is, then below can be individual items showcases, and the different houses.

Do we want the buliding to be in creative world, or arch, because I know good places for both, but creative would take some WE to smooth down. Or we could just expand onto the island with WE also.

4. sioutdoors

We could put it by the new spawn we are working on

Lionfish12 and Pieman like this.
  5. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I already started this a while back :p /warp newtut (i think) I just completely forgot about it :p.

AnnodynS likes this.
  6. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I can help :) If A360 will let me off the hook a bit with FTB..and we are almost done with my part of Aire ( Am i supposed to mention that out loud? xD)

7. A360P

Fine with me, it is just up to people whether they like my original layout and want to continue with that or start anew. If people like the new layout I'll head back onto creative for a while (FTB is killing my creative time ATM) and get this stuff sorted. BTW ignore the obnoxious statue i made ('twas a phase and I apologise).

AnnodynS likes this.
  8. Lionfish12

I really like that design that you started a360, I think we could build off of that,
    and I think it would be a good idea to add rooms so people can get some ideas like kitchens, bedrooms, living rooms and stuff. :)

9. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Maybe divide it into different sections? Such as a modern, country/rustic and other? instead of every idea being clumped up into the same room. (It is a tutorial island, not a whatever pops into our heads island)

10. sioutdoors

i think the way lion has it laid out will work nice. we pasted all the houses there already temp warp /warp tut

11. A360P

do we want to go with lion's design or to paste it into my old design?

12. sioutdoors

we already started but how far along is your design.

13. A360P

/warp newtut just a layout, we can always put it up vote?

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  14. Lionfish12

I think that would be good to put into the houses because they all represent a different style, and we could even make a room underneath it to showcase any idea we have for that style.

I really love both designs we have going right now, maybe we could use the one siout and I are working on as like a "parade of homes" type of thing, where you can see how to incorporate different furniture in hoses, how to separate rooms, fill spaces, and different house styles, then a360's could be displaying the individual furniture.

15. Pelle_Sudden

Pelle_Sudden Member Creative Architect

I would realy like to help if it's needed:)

16. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

I would LOVE to help and build things in the "new" tutisland such (Just no boats!)

17. Pelle_Sudden

Earlier this week I looked at the two different warps of the "new tutisland" and just wanted to see how things are going
    (if you're already working on it or are waiting for more people to help you out).
    Looking forward to it either way:)

18. A360P

Pelle_Sudden likes this.
  19. Lionfish12

I'm so confused, we need to get more organized. xD

This is what I think we should do, we should just move it to the newspawn, make a large building to keep it all in, have it really tall so we can have different floors with different examples, and we can do what we did with tutisland by having the houses underground.

20. Pelle_Sudden

I would suggest that it should be easier to find what your looking for and easier to get to the things you would want to see.
    And mabey have an "ikea" look to the part were there is interior?:)