Shade Crest admin staff sign up

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by sioutdoors, Jan 3, 2013.

1. iwilleatyou4

iwilleatyou4 Member Creative Architect

IGN: iwilleatyou4
    Current Rank: Architect
    Why do you want to be an Admin: To help out the server with the requests and prevent/clean up griefing within the spare time I have available to me.
    Why should we pick you to be an Admin: I am mature when it comes down to serious matters, even though I may be goofy once in a while. People have said that I am trustworthy and understanding. I also do have some experience with builds with regard to promoting new members. I have shadowed siout very often, which I have learned alot from him about being a well-respected admin.
    How will you contribute: I will do my best to help the server out with the increasing demand of modreq and assist with griefing control.
    When are you usually online: Basically all day and most of the night, unless I have work of course.
    What timezone are you in: CST

2. FOLSTER

FOLSTER New Member Creative Architect

IGN: FOLSTER
    Current Rank: Architect
    Why do you want to be an Admin: I want to be admin as I like to help people a lot and like seeing all the wonderful creations people build. Also to get to know the community more as they seem nice.
    Why should we pick you to be an Admin: I think I would be a good choice as I would be on quite often and think I would help out the community a lot. Also I am easy to get along with and would stick to any rules the admins have, and I get along with quite a few of the players that come on often .
    How will you contribute: I would contribute by hopefully making some good builds for you and as I would be quite often I would be able to answer to a lot of the modreqs. Also I could help those that need improvements and tell them where they need to improve their builds.
    When are you usually online: Weekdays usually from 4-10, and weekends most of the time I would be on the computer all day so you could easily contact me if needed and would pop on the server regularly to check on it.
    What timezone are you in: GMT

AnnodynS and DastardlyWhale like this.
  3. dodokono

dodokono Member

IGN: Dodokono
    Current Rank: VIP3((builder 2))
    Why do you want to be an admin: Because I enjoy doing the grueling tasks other admins disdain. I like looking over newbie plots and giving them comments, encouragement, and criticism. I also enjoy talking to people, being social and enforcing the rules. But as well, Ive been on the server since June, and only want to help propagate the server in any way I can.
    Why should we pick you to be an admin: Ive been on the server for 7 months, am good with people, enjoy being helpful, and like to watch people grow and get better. My building skills are technically good, even if I lack the attention span to keep to a single build at a time ((i have 4 going right now. Rift, sunken city, enrichment center, and Roman Villa,)) I know what is good and what is not for builds. Even if I didn't, any moron who can log in to FyreUKs server and look at their builds can tell what looks good or not.
    How will you contribute: I would contribute by knocking out some of the plot world reviews on a regular basis. With alot more time on my hands finally, I am able to be on every day, even if at odd hours, to work on the one aspect of adminship that most admins seem to despise. As well, I can and will maintain order among the people.
    When are you usually online: My work schedule varries wildly, but I am normally going to be a late night guy, which is good since we usually lack admins around the times im on ((10pm-3am eastern time)) but aside from nights before bed, I cannot be certain during the day when i can be on. At least not in such a way that I can post it here. I will always know about a week in advance, but that doesn't mean i have the same schedule week to week.
    What timezone are you in: GMT -5:00 (US Eastern time)

4. TopHatDuck

TopHatDuck New Member

IGN: TopHatDuck

Current Rank: Builder II

Why do you want to be an Admin: Helping others gives me a wonderful sense of satisfaction as well as a deeper connection to that person. It is a way for me to connect with others as well as learn myself. Though I have been on this server for a short time, I feel that I have a connection to it, and it's people. For a long time now I have been looking for a community that is accepting, understanding, and amazing as the one that I have found here at ShadeCrest, and I feel a strong need to keep that community as accepting and fostering as it already is; even make it more so. I want to be an Admin to Help ShadeCrest stay a wonderful community, as well as foster and teach those who come looking to learn.

Why should we pick you to be an Admin: As I have stated, I find great joy in helping and teaching others. However I know that is not enough. So, I come with experience running my own server, and making the hard decisions that come with it. I understand that leniency is jumped upon by those who push the boundaries, but I also know when mercy is acceptable. I've also learned some of WorldEdit's more advanced features as well as limitations (mostly the hard way). As I've also previously stated, I feel a strong connection to the community, and understand the rules. I love seeing other people's builds as well as helping them to improve upon it. I have experience building with others as well as on my own. I've been on servers that have admins and moderators that do not respect their position or power, and have been driven away from it, so I understand what is expected of me in this rank.

How will you contribute: I will contribute myself. That meaning my time, my understanding, my experience, and my passion for minecraft. I will teach those who do not understand, and enforce the rules as they are stated with no leniency. I will give myself to this community to help it foster and grow creativity.

When are you usually online: I am online every day of the week, when I do not have classes. I spend more time on this server than is probably heathy for me actually. Over all I am online at night starting at around 5:00 pm to Midnight and beyond. Weekends I'm on the server almost all day, getting off really only for food and minimal sleep.

What timezone are you in: Eastern Standard Time

Thank you for considering me, and I understand if I am not accepted. I really am fairly new to the community though I feel a strong connection to it.

-THD

5. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

When did you join, I have never heard of you??

6. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

This was over long ago, more than a month and the admins are already chosen. Locked.

7. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Uh, when was that said? This was been left open on purpose. We're still looking for admins.

8. TopHatDuck

TopHatDuck New Member

I joined on Feb 3rd, like I said, I haven't been on long. >.<

9. iamenrique123

iamenrique123 Active Member VIP

Well If this is still open it's worth a shot

Current Rank: Builder II
    Why do you want to be an Admin: I really like this server, and I want to do everything in my power to help it grow and prosper. I think I would be able to do just that much more if I was an admin. I really like all of the players and staff on this server, and in the past few months (Since November 24th), have gotten to know them well. I've been told (not to be immodest) that I have great leadership abilities, and it is true, I enjoy administering, and leading people, and this is one case where that is an advantage.
    Why should we pick you to be an Admin: Well, first off, I love to take charge. Like I said in the last question, I like to be a role model for people with my actions, and let them act upon it. I have been an Admin on 3 different servers before, and I have been well-liked by most of the players on those servers. I may not be an Admin on Shadecrest, but I can say that I have built strong relationships with many of the players. If I do indeed get chosen, I will commit more of my time doing whatever I can to help the server. I love to critique peoples builds, helping them see what they can do to improve them. I have a thorough understanding of the rules, which I have read many, many times, and understand what and what not players can do. I have never been banned off this server, and in fact, never before for more than a day from any server. I have been practicing WE on my own server, and am starting to learn it well, although I understand that players are encouraged to but the WE rather than get Admin help. I also have experience with many of the servers plugins, and that will help me if I do become an admin. Maybe I'm not the best builder, maybe I'm not quite 17, but I have more to offer than you might think (see 'how will you contribute'). I will make sure to always be respectful, and respect the other admins choices, and learn from in the early stages of adminhood. I will be fair and give my best advice on builds, and always make sure players are respectful and use common sense, while making sure not to get power happy and overuse my power. I will not kick or ban without reason, and keep my calm even if players insult me. I love this server, and as an Admin, I could do so much more for it. Maybe I'm not the best choice, but choose me, and you wont be disappointed. :) Thanks for taking the time to consider me.
    How will you contribute: First off, I will be on the server a lot. I will be on almost all the time on weekends, and on weekdays, I will be on for much of the afternoon. I can surely help at times when there are not any other staff on. I will also be on the website, Teamspeak and Skype (if needed) even more. Next, I can spread the word. I have already gotten uw123456 and Etonamore, 2 of my friends, to join the server. If I am admin, I will make an extra effort to reach out and tell people about the server. I will advertise where it's allowed with your permission, and talk to those in need of a good server. I believe there is more to contribute than just building ability. If that's how this s judged, so be it, but I believe there are other things it is important to contribute.
    When are you usually online: A lot on weekends, any time, but on weekdays usually only afternoons, but for a while.
    What timezone are you in: PST (Seattle, WA)

http://iamenrique123.tumblr.com/image/42887285959 WARP IAMCASTLE OUTSIDE
    http://iamenrique123.tumblr.com/image/42887527554 WARP IAMCASTLE INSIDE
    http://iamenrique123.tumblr.com/image/42887690106 WARP IAMVILLA OUTSIDE
    http://iamenrique123.tumblr.com/image/42887941214 MY NEWEST BUILD, WARP RIQUE

I did additional builds with Zar, Andy and Cano
    YAY! Fingers crossed xD

10. ECompany101

ECompany101 New Member Creative Architect

If your still looking for admins. How about me again?

iamenrique123 likes this.
  11. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

IGN:
    Seriously? I would expect that you would be able to guess that by now.
    Current Rank:
    Creative Architect (again, it's right on the left)
    Why do you want to be an Admin:
    To slap EnormousWilly and A360P
    (Also to help shoulder the burden of helping guests, but mainly the above)
    Why should we pick you to be an Admin:
    A.
    Because I basically do the same as the admins on the server (critique builds, solve disputes, maintain the rules and answer questions.).
    B.
    Because I'm Australian
    How will you contribute:
    By continuing along the same as I have been, and also checking plots (not looking forwards to that)
    When are you usually online:
    Most of the time during weekends, evenings and nights on weekdays.
    What timezone are you in:
    +9:30 GMT (Australian Central Standard Time)

12. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

I don't plan on trying to be an admin any time soon but does anyone know what you need to be to become one on the survival server.

13. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I'm sure that it would be announced much like it was on creative that more admins are needed. The only reason we needed more admins is because we went from around 10-20 members at any one time to anywhere between say 17 and I think 60. It just wasn't fair on the admins at the time with the amount of requests they got hit with. I don't know what the situation is with requests on survival but on creative we get a whole buttload (official unit of SC creative modreqs). I have the feeling that survival is fine for admins, maybe not mods, but then again I have no idea :).

Anyways, good luck if you ever do decide to apply for a staff position :D

14. ECompany101

ECompany101 New Member Creative Architect

So do I need to do another application?

15. QuietSea

No

16. iamenrique123

iamenrique123 Active Member VIP

Quiet told me that they weren't taking apps for survival admins, but that they were always looking for good, helpful players.

17. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

18. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

Don't even.

19. samvrancken

samvrancken New Member

IGN:samvrancken
    Current Rank:Builer II
    Why do you want to be an Admin: I want to help the ShadeCrest Creative Server. I like to help people with things and to give them feedback/critism. I would like to return a favor to the people that helped me.
    Why should we pick you to be an Admin: I like to help people, I have operator experience, I was guild/clan leader in various games. I like to talk to people with problems and help them solve it. I hate people that terrorise the creative server by spam, cursing, etc... . I am online anytime when i get the chance. Whenever I get a problem with someone i like to solve it as quickly as possible. I do not rage on people. I have many social interactions. I would like to help this community.
    How will you contribute: Help member, guests and recently joined players. I am straight to the point and always honest. I talk to people with problems and help them solve it.
    When are you usually online:Anytime I can, sometimes even 5-7 hours per day.
    What timezone are you in: West Europe (+01.00)

I hope i can help the creative server and don't look at the age but the person.

20. QuietSea

I'm truly sorry, but we have a strict age limit with staff. However, if an admin plays in your timezone and believes you show admin prowess, then I'd say go for it.