canopenertrooper's second attempt- architect app

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by CanOpenerTrooper, Jan 3, 2013.

?

should I become architect?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Hey guys its been a while

IGN:canopenertrooper

Why I want to become Architect: I feel that I have the building skills required to receive this rank. I also would enjoy voting on other architect applications. I also want to help builders (builder I and II) with WE and voxel. I would also like to host large events like siout's build and be able to voxel out mountains. I also like the privilege of building in architect world. Overall this server has been the BEST server I have ever played on and I will keep playing and building on it until old age takes me, or an axe murderer. PS I can also WE out areas for time-lapses and voxel in landscape if i get this rank :D. I feel that this server needs higher ranked, and respected people to keep the server in order since it has been getting 70-80+ people a day (fantastic).

How long I have been on the server(/seen): September 23 2012 (last year :p)

Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below: /warp elvien - this is my only arch build. It is a ........ um....... temple/palace of nature and riches. I made a a forest with 2 huge trees surrounding the palace. And I know people will be asking why cant you get into the towers...well because they aren't meant for people, only to keep the enchantment tables safe (HAHA). I chose to make the walls out of stairs to give the temple (nature) a more open feeling, so that people wont feel completely seperted from the forest outside. Also I made a unfinished build at warp dark lord. I will never finish this build, so you can delete it for flat space. A Little ways away (No warp) is a custom dark forest I made for it. good luck finding it ( not very big about 40x40 although it took me a LONG Time)

I will be posting pics after I get my MC working (mcpathcer screwed it up) Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.14.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.15.22 PM 1.png Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.16.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.16.41 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.17.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.17.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.17.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.17.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.18.12 PM.png

Attached Files:

2. CanOpenerTrooper

UPDATE***
    the warp for the dark forest is /war yolop

here is some pics
    Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.26.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 5.26.43 PM.png

3. Liasha

Liasha Member Creative Architect

Getting there, but I feel it could still be better.

The overall shape of the structure is nice, but 90% of it is made out of the same three blocks. Try and vary it up a bit with some contrasting trim here and there.

Also, the interior floors could use some livening up. Break up the large empty areas that are all one contiguous block type.

4. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

Can, I think you have great potentail, but I don't think you've developed it enough yet. I think the biggest thing you need to work on is creating your own style. Everything you have made is a completely different style, and almost all of you builds were inspired from something else. You also need to work on better block choices. Like liasha said, the structure of you build is nice, but there is waaaay to much gold, sandstone, and iron, along with different wools and sold ore blocks. It almost makes it look like a guest picked out the colors and overuses exactly what we say not to use a lot of. There is also a TON of repeating patterns like the walls and floors. The walls are just repeated halfslabs which gives off a cool lighting effect on the inside, but look really crouded. Also, I really don't like checkered patterns. It's the most overused and personally the most unflattering pattern to use and makes the entry way feel really busy.
    You're a good friend of mine can, and I feel like that would get in way with my vote and make it more bias instead of giving an honest vote, so I will just leave you with my advice. :)

AnnodynS likes this.
  5. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

agreed ^^^^

6. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

7. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Cano.. you are a good friend and a big part of the community, but I have to agree with Lion and Liasha that the build is not at architect level yet. I noticed pretty early on the uniformity of block type but didn't feel comfortable enough to say so yet. I have also never cared for the ore blocks for the same reasons as Lionfish. It does have some good structure but it's missing the detail I usually see and expect of the architect builds. For sure, you are on the right track though. :)

8. CanOpenerTrooper

thanks for the advice but did you even look at my build. it says the last time you were on was the 31 of december???????

9. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

....? You did include a lot of pictures of your build didn't you? I'm seriously confused how hard it could be to tell from the amount of angles you provided in your post -_-

10. CanOpenerTrooper

I posted alot of angles to show, but there is alot more to the build.......

11. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Cano, first, I like the new project you're working on. Much better materials. :) But as regards Liasha's input, the pictures showed plenty enough to tell because you really did use so much of the same blocks and building style. Angles wouldn't really change that. To me, the problems I saw and that were mentioned by Liasha are clear from the photos above. I don't want to drag this on of course but I was surprised by your reply to Liasha. She's one of the most talented and objective people I can imagine giving you input. :)

QuietSea likes this.
  12. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I have no authority on whether you get arch or not, but I do have a suggestion.
    [​IMG]
    with this build, it is mostly a landscape type one, so you should try and transform more of the surrounding landscape so that it fits the forest, specifically I am talking about the mountain you cut into, and the fact that the rest of the area is a snow biome. Also, the build cuts right into a natural frozen river, making it look awkward.

sioutdoors and QuietSea like this.
  13. CanOpenerTrooper

believe me I know. Warp Liasha is the BEST build I have ever seen and she will always be a teacher (respected one). I didnt mean the reply to be "rude or anything like that"

14. CanOpenerTrooper

yes i know. When I first had made the forest it was in a suitable place. I then wanted to delete warp darklord because it was bad. So I had sioutdoors copy and paste this over so I wouldn't lose it.

15. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

Can I must say I'm really liking your new build and you should start putting some pictures up here :)

16. CanOpenerTrooper

OK! ill do it now :D

17. CanOpenerTrooper

Ok guys I have started on a new build and have taken advice from everyone. Here is what I have. Its going to be a long time before this HUGE build is done......... I hope you like the front. I plan to change the courtyard and make it MUCH more detailed. I have taken lions, liashas, quiets, and ann's advice. I gave my build more detail by far and made the roof have texture pack use multiple blocks for the roof

Screen Shot 2013-01-08 at 4.17.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-08 at 4.17.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-08 at 4.17.41 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-01-08 at 4.17.08 PM.png

18. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

For the time being, it's a no from me. You are improving at a steady rate, but elvien just feels a bit 'uninspired'; if I search up cinematics on youtube, then I can find a dozen like it, you need to add a bit of your own style to it.

As for the forest, it says on the entrance to builder world that you will need landscaping, and that has not been done here yet. It's more like a WIP at the moment and needs, in my opinion, greater tree density, subtle lights and variations on the ground, such as slight hills and ponds and the such.

Keeps at it, I'm sure that you'll get there if you persevere.

19. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

you sure I pasted that??? I may not remember but im sure I wouldn't have left the land that way

20. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Does HawkEye show who World Edited it? If not, that would be a really useful feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.