Pelle_Sudden should I be an architect?

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by Pelle_Sudden, Jan 5, 2013.

?

Should I be promoted to Architect?

1. Yes

70.0%
  2. No

30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelle_Sudden

Pelle_Sudden Member Creative Architect

This thread is for admins and architects to post only. Please nobody else post here.

IGN:
    Pelle_Sudden

Why I want to become Architect:The reason I'm applying is cuse I think I have the knowledge and the talent required/ecpected from an architect and I would like to share my knowledge and opinion with other players.
    I'd like to become an architect so that I can help improve the server more efficant than i would be able to do as a builderII. I'm well aware that I've been on the server for a very short time, but I really like this community and I would really like to help out as much as i can.

Also I think that being an architect would make it easier to help other players with their projects as well as helping/guiding them to develope their own uniqe buildingstyle.

Pre explanation to the looks of the city:
    Yes much of the city isn't done yet. For example the walls surrounding the city as well as the sewer cant be completed when im constantly expanding the city. The castle is not done yet, but its still kind of aesthetic pleasing and for now you can look at it as a construction site

How long I have been on the server(/seen): 10:e or 11:e of december 2012.

Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below:

Theres just two plots since im workin on a big city and everything is at the same place.

/warp PellePlut -this warp will take you to the commentmill just outside of the city
    /warp PelleSewer -this warp will take you to the Sewersystem underneth the city if you cant find your way down the fountain
    These is just some printscreens so that you can get an idea of what Im workin on.
    2013-01-05_21.21.44.png 2013-01-05_21.25.19.png 2013-01-05_21.22.22.png 2013-01-05_23.09.34.png

2. Pelle_Sudden

Forogt to say thanks two ECompany101 for helping me move a tower:)

3. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Really great start, but it is a no from me. At least for now. I love your style of building, but it is too far off finished to apply really, would love to see some more varied buildings too. Also, you haven't been around for very long and I haven't really noticed you on the server or the forums (only in a few cases). I suggest starting to be more proactive on the server and give some advice, or even just take some time to talk to people :D (we like architects who are part of the community). Anyways, keep it up and you'll hit arch soon :)

AnnodynS likes this.
  4. Pelle_Sudden

Im glad you like my design:)
    And yes I know Im new but I figured this might also be one way to get noticed a litle so other people will know what I do. I will be doing some other styles too but I think ill finnish some parts of the city first. And ill try to be more helpfull both on the forum and ING;)

AnnodynS likes this.
  5. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I love your build, and I have since I first saw it. It has spectacular detail, amazing design, and even though it isn't complete, I feel like you should be architect for all that you have done at the moment. I feel like I don't need to see the finished product to see that you have amazing skills and I can say that you are better than a lot of others that I have seen.
    But, like a360 said, I feel like you should be more active on the forums, help others in the server, and just become more active around the server before you become an architect.
    I feel like your building skills are all there, but just try and be more active and involved.

Pelle_Sudden and A360P like this.
  6. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

they've summed it up really;
    your a great builder, great to talk to and you have what it takes
    you do need to become more active and known, but that is easy to fix and i can see you doing it already!
    i think with the tools you can finish of your town, and create other fantastic varied builds
    its a yes from me :)

Pelle_Sudden likes this.
  7. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

[Redundant post]

I had a ton of fun exploring your build. This build is incredibly well done. It includes two of my least favorite blocks (jungle wood and bricks), but it still looks incredible regardless. I'm all about curves, and I just love the shapes that have been used. You've also taken the time to detail just about every inch of this build, which is quite admirable. I would like to see the interiors worked on more though.

The build of course needs to be finished, and it would be nice to see you get more active both in game and on the forums. All things considered, I think you should be architect. Assuming you remain active and continue to work on and then finish this build, it's a yes from me.

Pelle_Sudden likes this.
  8. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Pelle I was astonished and fascinated with not only the incredible detail which had me scanning in every corner xD but also the artistry and creative thought involved! You delighted me with the amazing journey BELOW the city where an almost completely different theme prevailed. There were surprises in every nook and cranny of this captivating underground system. I was as impressed with your structure and the thought behind it, as I was with the detail and beauty of the build. :)

I agree with everyone here about the finishing part and being more involved as you have so much to contribute. I vote YES but must say that a little more time on the server would make me feel a bit more comfortable about that vote. :)

9. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Hands down yes for me. If I were you I would pursue architect rather than admin at the moment because you'll have a lot more building time as an architect. Trust me.

AnnodynS likes this.
  10. Pelle_Sudden

Yes I noticed you guys have a lot of work to do. Thank you!:)

AnnodynS likes this.
  11. Pelle_Sudden

Just noticed i hadn't replied to all the comments...
    Thanks for all response Im very glad you like my builds and I do understand that some of you thinks that still kinda new on this server, but then i guess ill just wait:) .
    I hope to make the city one of the bigger citys at the server with impressive sewer and lots of passages.

12. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Looks like it's a majority vote yes.

Pelle_Sudden likes this.
  13. Liasha

Liasha Member Creative Architect

Promising work; put something together on a slightly bigger scale and you'd have my vote.

Pelle_Sudden likes this.
  14. Pelle_Sudden

Thanks.
    Imaxorz and Liasha, I think I see what you mean and ill try to improve that. Its just so easy to get stuck with the same blocks when your all up in building. But Im trying to brake things off with the castle thing and ill try to make the haroar area stick out a litle more as well as some larger builds I'm planing to build.
    In short, I'll try to improve the variasion and when I feel that im ready I'll come back to you:)

15. Pelle_Sudden

Oh forgot to mention here is my build for the statue contest. As an example of another type of build
    2013-01-10_18.00.36.png 2013-01-10_18.00.56.png

Lionfish12 likes this.
  16. Xenii

Xenii New Member Creative Architect

With the Village build at /warp pelleplut our building style is shown and i really like it, HOWEVER... there is too much wood. If you had used stone or a lighter colored wood it would have looked more refined especially because raw wood has no stair or half-slab forms. Apart from the overuse of redwood it has a very nice layout, the paths are a respectable size (practical), It could do with more buildings and since its a village if the buildings had signs or labeling that would be nice =). The sewer is really cool ( albeit it could be bigger) It has a nice look with all of the arches, and also has an 'abandoned look' while still looking very neat.

I really like your style(although there are a few builds that have a very similar style eg. /warp skyknoll) and I would vote a no ONLY because they are not very large compared to many other arch builds, I would easily vote yes if you expand your village and put signs around and label shops and such.

Really nice, but it's a not yet vote from me =(
    Keep on building!

(Keep in mind I have not seen many other arch applications and this is my first response as arch.)

Pelle_Sudden likes this.
  17. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

It's a maybe from me as well, so call it a half vote, maybe 3 quarters. I'm enjoying your town immensely, but it feels really barren/abandoned to me, more like you've planned out what the town's going to be, rather than built a town. I think a few more trees and gardens would do a world of good for the town. The sewers are really nice and well built, but also feel a bit large for the town at the moment, which is understandable, considering the town's not finished. Keep at it and you'll get that remaining quarter from me in no time.

18. Pelle_Sudden

If you mean all the signs about what to be were there will be new buildings and the half finnished builds its because I continued build after applying for an arch app:)
    About the sewer, its was so much funnier to build that since ive never tried it before so it accedently grow alitle too much:p

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.