Xenii's Architect Application! =D

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by Xenii, Jan 5, 2013.

?

Should Xenii become an Architect?

1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. When he finishes his project.

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenii

Xenii New Member Creative Architect

Disclaimer: This thread is for admins and architects to post only. Please nobody else post here.

IGN: xenii

Why I want to become Architect: Myself, I don't feel like I should deserve architect until I have finished my build, HOWEVER, I have been told by many a people on the server to submit an application regardless. SO, the main reason I want to become an architect is because it would give me personal accomplishment, as I have never been of a high ranking on a server ever and have always wanted to prove my building prowess. However whenever I started a project I never finished it, and this is the most I've ever build on a server ever and want to keep it that way. In addition, I have been playing Minecraft since early Alpha(around 1000 sales of the game), seeing the game progress over such a long time has let me see A LOT of different servers and builds, this gives me a wide array of building styles and themes that are good when helping people out and in community projects when multiple people have very different building styles. Also I like to use very irregular block in my builds as much as I can (ex./ Burning furnaces and beacons as lighting blocks [R.I.P burning furnaces you will be missed]) and also using lighting glitches for cool effect (observation deck) and pistons as a texture block where i also need light (light can pass through a piston)
    Although I have not participated in the community much, and even less so on the forums, recently I have been paying more attention to the forums and have been going around the server and helping people on their builds when they ask for someone to judge or give a critique of their build.

How long I have been on the server(/seen): Nov 7th is the first times seen, however for 3 weeks around the end of November until December 12th-ish I didn't progress any of my projects due to exams.

Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below:

/warp ragnarok - This is my main project and has been the most testing of my abilities. Every block on this project has been placed by my hand with the exception of the water and lava underneath which was done by Dodokono(VIP). No world edit was used in the ship itself, and with the exception of the arches currently under construction and the spiral staircase, the ship is COMPLETELY symmetrical(trust me it was not fun making sure). The ship coming out of the hangar which was done by Carbon9.

http://imgur.com/a/P431U first set of images.

http://imgur.com/a/3U4XF second set of images.

http://imgur.com/a/S1DeB pics of schematics I made for the outer portion of my build.

http://www.plotz.co.uk/plotz.php program I used to give me the layout of the circles.

http://imgur.com/CrpRt this is the engine room that i have yet to implement ( its under the hangar)

/warp tunnel - This is just a second project I started 2 or 3 days ago so I could get my ideas for a metro system down to come back to later.

http://imgur.com/a/y7T35

/warp force-to cabin - Warp kinda got messed up, this is just something i tried to build, didn't turn out like I wanted but ill leave the warp here anyways.

Thank you to all of the Admins, Builders, Architects, and VIP's who gave me feedback throughout the building process of my project and gave me suggestions and I hope dearly to be a valuable addition to the talented list of Architects.

2. TheKillorX

TheKillorX Active Member Creative Architect

ragnarok is gigantic, the other projects arent that cool, but ragnarok is gigantic :confused: and it even has detail,if its true that you did it all without WE its a YES from me, but if anybody says something else (i dont think so) its a no.

3. Xenii

Yeah, the other projects aren't really part of the application, but I figured I would include them because those are my only other creations on the server =S
    As for not using WE, it is absolutely true.

The only WE used in the build is as follows:
    -the nether rack on the top 15 layers of the build was originally iron blocks, I asked Sioutdoors to change it to nether rack for me(either way you look at it, I placed the blocks by hand the simple change of block ID shouldn't count)
    - the water and lava underneath the ship is WE done by Dodokono
    - any and all other lava was WE in by a VIP or Admin(either Sioutdoors or Dodokono) because I can't place it myself however it was only in places I could have done myself with a bucket of lava(nothing too fancy)

If you wish to check yourself you could use hawkeye however i can tell you with 100% accuracy that I placed it all by hand(kinda my preferred way to build anyways)

4. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I was one of the people amongst several admins who begged Xenii to apply. So of course it's a yes from me. :) Simply stunning. I have no words. :) It's mind-boggling.

5. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

This is beyond amazing. Yes for me :D
    Some things in the build are a little repetitive but I like it a lot!

6. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

huge lol the only thing I don't like is the long concentric lines. I felt they could have been broken up with a design but we talked about that before. Other than that I like it a lot. so yes from me

7. TegAshLar

TegAshLar Member Creative Architect

Yes, I think you have done enough work on it to prove that you are a great builder.

8. Xenii

Yea, i know exactly what you are coming from siout. I've been trying to break up the lines on the main roof, the one i have currently was the best I could think if at the moment I'm going to go back to it once I finish all the arches. Gah! These arches are a pain in the rear!

9. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I don't even have to read what you have to say, you are a stunning builder and it amazes me that this was all placed b hand. I can't imagine what you could do with world edit! Yes!

10. slappywhitee

slappywhitee Active Member Creative Architect

Only a fool would say you aren't good enough to be Architect, and I am no fool. A ditz, perhaps, a dork for sure, an airhaead without a doubt...but definitely not a fool. In other words Hell YES! Bravo!

AnnodynS likes this.
  11. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Yes.

12. TheKillorX

TheKillorX Active Member Creative Architect

i think we have one more arch xD

Lionfish12 and AnnodynS like this.
  13. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Indeed, it is not often that i like a build to say yes first time round. But the effort put in swayed me, I have to agree with Si that there are still some creases that could be ironed out but then again my arch app wasn't even 30% of what it is now. I hope that you continue to work on this once you get arch :)

14. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Alright looks like this is a closed case now. We just need max to promote unless he thinks otherwise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.