9-11-01

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by ThisDudeRiteHere, Sep 10, 2011.

1. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

I'm typing this on my iTouch so it's not much ATM. As you know, today is the 10 year anniversary of one of the worst days in American history. Now my question for you guys is: Where were you when the Twin Towers were hit 10 years ago? And what do you remember?

Don't make a stupid post saying something like "in my kitchen." I'm being serious.

2. subwayis666

subwayis666 Member

i was in school when it happend and we got back from lunch and the teacher told us a tower was hit, i didnt know what it was but we got to go home early, when i got home i saw my mom and dad crying infront of the tv with the towers on fire. i was only in second grade so i didnt understand much about the towers, or how many ppl died. later on in the week i finally learned everything, and i became sad. my dad is a detroit firefighter and he took it very hard that day, and still does. i will never forget that day, and i will never forget how horrible that day was..

3. ace5511

ace5511 Member VIP Creative Architect

I was in kindergarten or 1st grade.
    On the intercom the principal said to turn the TVs to the news. And there it was. The Twin towers were burning. That's all I remember

4. EpicMineCrafteer

EpicMineCrafteer New Member

I honestly don't remember anything that happened... I was prob too young.. I was 4 years old.

5. brooksboyz

brooksboyz New Member VIP

I was taking an Exam when suddenly my teacher who was in the teachers lounge Rushed in and told us some people had friends in new York like my friend his dad had just left the towers to get coffe between meeting when they were hit

6. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

I was in kindergarten at the time, I was out a recess when we were randomly called in and sat in the rooms till our parents came to sign us out and brought us home.

7. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

I was in pre-k, living in Miami at the time. The teachers never said anything to us, and I came home to my mother crying. I had no idea what happened but I knew it was bad...

8. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

I quoted that because we were close
    In grade...

9. trentr6436

trentr6436 Member VIP

I was about half an hour east of Cleveland Ohio. I worked for a windows company installing vinyl home replacement windows.
    We were outside loading new windows into a customers house. A neighbor came out and told us that air space around cleveland was locked down.
    He then told us that a plane had flown into one of the world trade center towers. We stood there in his living room with our tool belts on, dirty shoes on his nice carpet,
    watching the news for about half an hour. We watched live as the second plane entered the south tower. We were dumbfounded, we couldn't believe it. We had to go finish
    the job we started, the silence in the air was uncanny. Then neighbor told us about the crash at the pentagon, and later he told us about the crash south of Pittsburgh,
    which was only a 3 hour drive away. We canceled our jobs for the rest of the week, i dont think i did anything but watch the news for the next 6 days. The images i saw that day, and the following week will forever be burned into my memory.

10. ThisDudeRiteHere

^ that's crazy. I don't remember where I was exactly when it happened, but I remember a few hours after, I was at my dad's Greek pizza place, everyone crowded around the little tv in the corner. I was 5, and I remember the images I saw. Of course, I didn't completely understand at that age, but to this day, I remember what I saw. Actually, now that I think of it, I believe I was playing outside with my dad, when my mom's mom came outside (she has half of the house to herself) and told us about it.

11. trentr6436

trentr6436 Member VIP

i was 18

12. Kangus07

Kangus07 Member VIP

13. ThisDudeRiteHere

Idk if I should LOL at that... xD

14. Kangus07

Kangus07 Member VIP

I remeber it perfectly. Our gym teacher would let us beat the shit out of eachother with Sock-em-boppers.

15. ThisDudeRiteHere

LOL that's epic :D

16. nitro64212

nitro64212 New Member

I was 1yr old and i was in the philippines. So i didnt hear anything about the usa ever sorry guys. I still am sad for the people who lost their lives on 9-11-01 i only found out about the twin towers when i was 7 :'(

17. Koratyri

Koratyri New Member

I was 3 years old so I honestly don't remember anything except for how sad it got for awhile. :-\

18. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

I know the guy who invented Sock-em-Boppers :p

19. ThisDudeRiteHere

Bullsh!t
    [​IMG]

20. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

i was 16 years old, in grade 11, i heard it on the radio at 7 am about the towers hit by a plane (western canada) they were pretty vauge, on the the 20 min ride to school there was no music, just continual news on the event, thats when i knew something was wrong, my buddies and i arrived at school and went to the computer lab where we normally hung out, turned on the TV in the room and just watched... a Teacher who arrived every day after us had not heard and sat with us for the 35 min till the start bells rang.

when the start bells rang, everyone moved around the school but the room we were in... a few more of my friends and other classmates came in, the instructor came in and told us to leave, no one said a word to her or moved, we just watched...

and we sat in that room for the rest of the day, watching...

My sister was a floor co-ordinator at UofA when it happened, she had to console a friend that got a last phone call from her father, he was on the 101st floor, worked for Cantor Fitzgerald or something of the sort, he never made it out...