Clean up

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by Dann01520, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dann01520

Dann01520 Member Creative Architect

Just a suggestion really.
    On my travels around, i noticed lots of ugly, old and unfinished and point less builds that really need to be removed. Just wanted to bring it to peoples attention that you can Modreq it to be removed if I'm right in saying that?? This might encourage people to use the space rather than ignore it because there is something there thats not very pleasant!
    Hope his helps people!

2. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I sometimes post that in chat;
    To modreq unattended. old builds.
    I don't know whether an announcement would help or not tbh, people are very lazy and don't care about the space around them :(
    Thanks to those who do though :)
    (It's mainly builder world lol)

Dann01520 and AnnodynS like this.
  3. Dann01520

well i think i might have a wonder around at one point and just note a few locations. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, builds like redstone contraptions are so posed to be in redstone world.. theres a few dotted about. I think it would just be nice also, if people did the landscaping, not just leaving a mass of flattened land in the hillside after a build.
    Just thoughts, I'm not trying to get at anyone lol!

4. Pieman_Is_God

in a perfect world everyone would landscape their build... :(
    Thanks for trying to attend the issue :)

QuietSea and imaxorz like this.
  5. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I just started floating around builder world.. now that it's not so busy. A mod req would be awesome! I need to ask the night shift to send me mod req on old builds that are messy. I got some done last night.:D

Dann01520 likes this.
  6. Dann01520

So if we modreq above an old rubbishy build, will it take you right there? If so il defiantly have a wonder around, and il do /modreq abandoned build/ugly build over the top!

AnnodynS likes this.
  7. Pieman_Is_God

Yeh wherever you make your modreq, we can tp to the location it was made, so that would help loads man, thanks :)

8. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I always wondered how you peoples knew which plot to go to.

9. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Note to admins: please be careful when you're cleaning up builds and don't clean up something within the last month because our hawk eye history got reset >_>

10. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

Don't reset my builds in the redstone world. D:

11. Archenemy666

The cathedral, airships, bridges, train design, collapsed bridge

12. Archenemy666

ok a quote with no response? xD

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  13. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

xD

14. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Hmmmm? We shall see about this ;P

15. Dann01520

Just to clarify.. there is a goof few buildings on the creative world that wouldn't deserve builder one, and would get turned way if they where in plot world. I just thought the aim was to have a server that had some of the best builds around.. not the worst lol. obviously some are matters of opinion.. but some are extremely obvious i.e.: Wooden boxes with a wooden door.... i say BOOM.. lol

16. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

We try our best to keep the worlds clean, unfortunately we are not superheroes and we don't have time to constantly patrol every inch of the two worlds. Like Pie said, if you see a bad build then make a modreq with a clear message. Unfortunately, like quiet said, the logs aren't completely up to date so we may not even be able to do this for a while. Although it is unfair for people to ruin the creative world with bad builds, it is also unfair to remove them while they are working on them without informing them and talking through it first (if they have been promoted to rank II then they probably deserve it, as it is a hard fought rank nowadays, at least it is from me (still haven't promo'd anyone to II yet)).

I know how you feel, I have seen all too many builds like that during my time on the server and it makes you feel like you worked too hard to get the rank. However, it is in my honest opinion that those people who don't try their hardest to earn rank II will never progress as a builder whereas someone like you who works hard at it has the potential to be a good builder.

That should clear things up for now, if you have any questions feel free to ask but i'll lock this thread tomorrow (you can still contact me via PM as I am always logged in on the forums).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.