A few minor glitches

Discussion in 'Creative Server Issues' started by AwesomeGuy2010, Jan 17, 2013.

?

Have any of these glitches/bugs happened to you?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

I have noticed a few minor glitches on the creative server that have slowed down building a little and are causing lag. Most of them have happened to me and a few of my friends have had them too. Not sure if this is a normal characteristic of the server but nevertheless, here they are.

1. When building, people have been filling in blocks and making roofs and all of a sudden the blocks used disapear. This is really time consuming having to replace the blocks and when you place replacements to them, they glitch too.

2. When building, other players see you as frosen and any blocks you place are actually glitches and they disapear when you re-log.

3. When moving around, players are sometimes lagged or glitch - teleported back to where they were.

So, I'm not sure if this is just a small group or a certain amount of people, but I just thought this should be posted and new players can read the comments to see if this is a problem or normal.

2. Dann01520

Dann01520 Member Creative Architect

It has happened to me, and is a problem.. but unfortunately normal lol. I've just put up with it. I take it the disappearing blocks is just lag? But right enough they are annoying, i would maybe search for other threads that might contain the same problem?

3. Dann01520

Have a look at creepykiller123's thread on disappearing blocks ;)

4. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Block lag is a nightmare, but something we all put up with. It won't be the server lagging, but rather your internet I would presume. I'm not exactly the person to go to with lag issues, but I am pretty certain that it is your connection that is the issue, you may want to consider upgrading your internet, if this isn't an option then I am afraid that you will just have to put up with it.

5. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

it happens to me on almost any server. Though the issue comes and goes.

6. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

The block lag only happens to me here. But I assume it's because of the occasional high demand on the server. It is a creative server and a lot of W.E. is going on at times or other maintainence type things. Frankly it doesn't happen a lot but did once yesterday for about 10 min. or so.

7. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

The block disappearing thing is actually only one block disappearing; it doesn't get recorded and then vanishes. Then if the first block never existed, then the second block wasn't actually placed onto anything and vanishes as well, as does the third block and so on. I notice it when making larger floors or roofs when I just hold down the button.
    Not really useful, but a nice piece of trivia.

8. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

Thanks for all the suggestions/advice. My internet is really fast so it must just be a normal thing. I'll lock this thread.

9. Dann01520

Just for another bit of information... which i quite unexplained. Sometimes I try and place a block and it doesn't 'register' but I can still build in other places.. come back to the same spot.. but it still doesn't register. this has happened a few times.. weird. I just have to leave that spot for a few minutes, then it'll be fine. Bit of a pain in the bum id say!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.