Rozzy's third attempt!

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by RozzyRanger101, Jan 27, 2013.

?

Should I be promoted to architect?

1. Yeah! :D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sorry, no :(

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RozzyRanger101

RozzyRanger101 Member Creative Architect

Hey!

IGN: RozzyRanger101

I am from England by the way! :)

Why I want to become an architect:

I would love to become an architect because I want to help people rank and give them support with their builds. Also, becoming an architect would make me build more often and with using the new building tools architect obtain, I could build huge and epic builds! :D As I've said before, I would like to be known for and as something :) I would absolutely LOVE to help the server and put forth my ideas to make new cool stuff. It's strange because I never go on single player anymore, I only go on this server! All my good builds I have ever made are on this server!

How long I have been on this server:

Even though I have only been on this server since Christmas Eve last year (24th December 2012), I have been extremely active every day. From Monday to Friday, I am on the server between 4:30pm to 9:00pm (GMT). And on Saturday and Sunday, I am on through the whole day when possible (which is most of the time! :D) I do not usually go on the survival server, but I always go on the creative!

My warps and pictures:

My warps are:

/warp rozz
    /warp stonecastle (my builder II build)
    /warp templesand
    and finally, the main reason why I am applying: /warp Rozzy (remember to read the signs at the warp!)
    I will attach some pictures to this thread of warp Rozzy.
    Please check out the warps and especially warp Rozzy because I have not taken pictures of the inside.

WARNING:
    Warp Rozzy may contain traces of QuietSea's Poop. (Literally)
    I got yo poop!

Thank you for reading this. Please give me constructive criticism too! Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I'm not a huge fan of your build too be honest, it just looks too random to be honest. I really don't like the color scheme you used, and honestly Im not even are what the color scheme is because there are just too many things going on. I don't like your towers, it looks like when something was empty, you just decided to stick on a tower. Also, the towers look way too busy with all the different blocks just stacked straight up around it.
    Another thing is that your choice of blocks are just too... Guest-like. Too much glow stone, you used a lot of beacons, every single wood there is, random water, and gold. I think you really need to work on using a better color scheme in your builds. Also, I didn't like the giant creeper face on the ship, it just makes it seem immature.
    It's not all terrible, it has good aspects, and I do like the main structure, but it has room for improvement.

It's a no for me right now.

3. RozzyRanger101

Oh... ok... Thank you for all the criticism... Time for a new project.

4. Pelle_Sudden

Pelle_Sudden Member Creative Architect

Im mostly gonna comment /warp Rozzy cause i think that is your best build.
    I think its a good build and I do like the shapes of it and i think you have much detail. But the detail is a little distracting cause detail to me does not mean "add ca 15 different block types and 5 different ways of patterns on the same wall". However I think the patterns are good looking each one as individual but not as a combined build it getts messy and the same goes for the different blocks, they fit nicley together but again dont add all on the same wall, its too much variation makes things look messy:(
    Yet this is just my opinion and my tips for it would be to less the variation but keep it detailed if you know what i mean.
    And I know your good at improving builds as I followed development of your build builderII build.
    So dont get me wrong, I think your promesing, but not really there yet. Keep it up and you might have my yes somewhere in the future:)

5. TheKillorX

TheKillorX Active Member Creative Architect

say it like that... it looks good from far away
    but if you come closer it doesnt looks really good anymore :/
    i dont think its so bad like lion said, but its definetely not arch worthy
    so no from me

6. TheKillorX

i think this describes your mistake really good. you also can add detail with 5 blocks. you have to get away from the imagination that detail is only possible with a block pallette of like 15 blocks. you want a proof?
    here it is http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/hyperion/ (i hope the link works)
    this guy also mainly just used like 5 blocks and it looks more than just awesome. one more tip: try to add depth and not just detail.
    i hope this helps you a bit xD

AnnodynS likes this.
  7. RozzyRanger101

It's strange, because some of the admins say 'use more block types' then when I use more block types, they say 'too many block types'. Pelle, thank you for your support. I am thinking of building a Taj Mahal type thing next :p

8. RozzyRanger101

Thanks Killor too! :)

9. TheKillorX

lol i just say that when somebody just used like 2 blocks xD

10. RozzyRanger101

Haha, yeah. Two block types just isn't enough!

11. TheKillorX

i see that you learned lesson one :D well done xD

12. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I don't think you should just give up on /warp rozsy, it has good potential and I can see that, it just needs some fixing and changing to it. No build is really done after its all been built.

Pelle_Sudden likes this.
  13. RozzyRanger101

I could do that, but I don't know how the fix it. I want to build something new anyway... Like the Taj Mahal or an evil fortress type thing. But I might add to warp Rozzy

14. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I haven't looked over the builds yet (I'll do that next time I'm on). But could you answer a few question for me?

What's preventing you from helping people rank up now? As an Arch, you're called on for advice and such, we don't do the actual ranking ourselves.
    How is being an Arch going to help you build more often? It's not like everyone has their own set time limit, and being an Arch extends that.
    This last one's not really a question. But you do realise that you can help put forward ideas and such right here on the forums? Again, doing this isn't limited to Archs and Admins, most of the building threads are public and anyone can comment on them.

I just see people write these 3 things down time after time and want to know their reasoning behind it.

AnnodynS likes this.
  15. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

It may sound unfair like this, but I can tell from your pictures alone that this build isn't architect worthy. Sorry to let you down. Try doing something unique, surprise us and don't just build to get architect. You can be just as well respected as a rank II as you can an architect if you are as active as you say you are. Good luck, but it is a no from me.

16. Tar Guevara

Tar Guevara Member Creative Architect

Hey, Rozzy. I think that there's not really a need for me to chime in since most things that needed to be said about your builds have been said above by the other administrators and architects.

I look forward to seeing your Taj Mahal or evil fortress. Take heed of everyone's advise and keep them in mind during your next build. I learned a lot from the forum when I first applied for architect with my oriental-style city build in /warp littlechina. I didn't give up. Instead, I went to the edge of the world and built an island that eventually housed /warp godzilla. My build was concentrated around originality, size, block selection, and details. It proved to be a solid recipe for a good build for me.

Good luck! :)

17. RozzyRanger101

imaxors, On the airship there are some signs, not in the actual building :)
    Legend, I do help people now, but I would like to show people my successful builds.
    Being an architect will make me build more often because I will be encouraged that I can build good things.
    I did not know I could put forth ideas! Thanks for telling me :)
    Tar Guevara, thanks :) And I will try and make an original build :D Thanks for your advice!

18. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

i like the castle but i hate the ship. i haven't seen the inside of the castle so i'll do that later today.

EDIT: the hull of the ship is good but the rest of the ship is like it needed to be done quickly.

19. Dann01520

Dann01520 Member Creative Architect

sorry Rozzy, but its a no from me. The scale of the castle is there, but i don't think its at architect level yet. You'll get there soon tho.

20. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Rozz, A few things popped in my head on looking at this and the comments. I agree with all the comments above. The best way you could develop the skills to be arch level.. would be to work on Rozzy following the advice shared here. Consider it the frame on which to gain an arch level education. :)

My build /warp Parthenon started out very simple in some aspects, but every time someone visited..regardless of rank, I seriously considered and often took their advice and tried to apply the principles they shared. I tore down and rebuilt so many things there and tweaked just about every little part of it. I visited Siout's and Killor's builds and other arch builds.. and tried to glean techniques.. and just learn. The result was astonishingly different than what it started out as. So now I've been on the same build for over two months but it's been well worth the focus.

If you could use Rozzy as your 'learning project' and visit around.. and try to improve it in every aspect.. depth and detail, then I'm sure you could get it to Arch level.. and improve your building style along the way. So many players are in a big hurry .. and flit from build to build without really improving.

Also, if you want to be original.. build something you love..do google searches for real buildings that inspire you.. and then develop that idea and make it your own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.