Architect and requierments

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by Pelle_Sudden, Feb 12, 2013.

1. CW390

CW390 Member Creative Architect

I think it would be better off to ask the player to build a build that shows understanding of curves, depth, use of colors, interior and exterior design, block types and such. Not a "building style" as you put it. :)

Basically, any build of any kind that shows this understanding.
    If you all get what I'm saying. ;)

Pelle_Sudden likes this.
  2. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I never thought I would get architect to be fair, and I always tell people that my build is the minimum level for arch, which I truly believe. I was very lucky to get it and only four people replied to my app so...yeah.

3. iamenrique123

iamenrique123 Active Member VIP

lol. I was talking to pelle. I would disagree, I think the attention to detail in your builds is top notch.

4. Pelle_Sudden

Pelle_Sudden Member Creative Architect

It has nothing to do with me beeing architect :p
    Just didnt think of it untill 3 days agoo:)

5. Bighappysmiles

Bighappysmiles New Member

I don't know if I have a place in this conversation, since I am only builder II, But I have to say I like the idea. Shadecrest has really taught me some things already. My plot build was fantasy, something that I had never done before. I am now working on a Sci-Fi build for part of my Arch app. As you can see I have already stepped outside of my comfort zone to get ranked up, but I do not think many other people do. I do think that this is a good idea to some extent.

There is one major issue here.....How do you know what people haven't done? I think I have done a litte of everything myself, of course, you don't see some of it because its not on the server. So really, how are you suppost to assign build styles to people? Unless you prohibit, lets say, modern. No one can build modern.....Uh thats not going to work, some people would want to build modern. So that is a big problem seeing as every app build would have to be uniquely tailored to the indevidual, this would take time for admins to do. You could appoint an admin just for that job though.....Ugh.......

In conclusion, I think it is a very good idea, however I beleive that it would take a lot more effort from staff to determine what they should be assigned to build.

Smiles=)

6. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

A title that pretty much says, you are one of the best builders on here. That'd be interesting... But I feel like arch already does that and there aren't that many archs, so if we would do I feel like the arch standards would need to be lowered..

7. A360P

D: you cereal?

8. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I think everything is fine.
    [​IMG]

CW390 likes this.
  9. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I don't really think that we need another rank above Arch, aren't we already supposed to be the best? How would the application process work as well? would it be another forum application? What standard would the builds have to be?

If we increase the building standard, it would be too difficult to attain. If we alter the current standards, would we need to check every other current Arch to make sure that they meet it?

If you people want to see something that isn't generic from a builder, then why not just say it in their Arch app?

10. A360P

We can't demote archs just because we raise the bar, nut I highly doubt that any changes will be made to the system. I disagree with a rank above arch 100%, but I agree with raising the bar in arch apps and obtaining of rank II. But nobody will agree so....yeah. I'm just too harsh I guess, but I like a challenge and I wish more people did too.

AnnodynS likes this.
  11. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

lol, nooo, I wouldn't want that happening... I'm saying that's what would happen if that happened, I don't mean that sound like I was for it. xD

12. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

A360.. you are too humble. And I beat you at lowest level of the rung for arch . :p

13. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Architects should be able to tell the difference between crafted sandstone, stonebrick, stone, and natural sandstone, stonebrick, and stone.