More ideas for building competitions?

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by RozzyRanger101, Mar 9, 2013.

1. RozzyRanger101

RozzyRanger101 Member Creative Architect

I was thinking that maybe for the building competitions that I think are monthly?? I'm not sure, but maybe there could be more challenges, like 'Build an awesome build with only 100 blocks'. Or maybe even less blocks, instead of just 'build a ship' or build a statue'. Because I haven't competed yet because I truly think it's a little boring at the moment.

It's just a suggestion!

Rozzy.

2. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

We can use the contest area we made, but even though we had one the interest wasn't their, as no one submitted there build online :(
    I am willing to help you set one up, but I've gotta see the interest first :)

3. TehRawB

TehRawB Active Member Creative Architect

Id love some events like this could be whit theme and whitout it timed ones and whitout time :D

4. RozzyRanger101

Ok, even if we do set up one, I want to finish my build first :D

5. TehRawB

I think ingame adverticement for events and such will have a bigger inpact on intrest than forum posts. Also a price would be nice i have no idea what but perhaps points if you topdogs can figure out a good use for them :)

6. Dman2416

Dman2416 Active Member

Maybe we can do temporary WE abilities for builder II's? just an idea,

Or a promotion for guests who get a high ranking or first on the competition.

7. TehRawB

well that price would get me going atleast. :p

8. Pieman_Is_God

Temp WE abilities is a no-way, the contest doesn't spark enough interest and contest entries, so it would be like handing out WE for free, promotion could be given depending on the build (more likely for rank I to II).
    The most likely prize would be points, and we will hopefully find something to spend those points on

9. TehRawB

well couldent the accual thing be a sign up first and when you have the entrys you need for it too accualy be a proper contest find a time if its a timed contest or if its free time but a theme or block limit just start the competition at the area when the signups are completed. say 10-20 contestants wouldent be a free handout to the winner if its just the first price
    but then again might be hard to do but proper prices sparks more intrest than competing for the heck of it.

10. Pieman_Is_God

Yes but the server is also a business, we need to see different people entering each time, not the same 20 it needs to be a server wide event everyone tries to attend bla bla bla.
    We can set it up however you like, but atm prizes are limited to points. You could also search for a useful creative server plugin which could be bought with points, that's reasonable.

11. RozzyRanger101

Well, better prizes will attract more people to enter the competition. If more people enter, it won't be like handing WE away for free. Maybe, we could have separate building competitions for each rank, instead of builder I's who might not be an amazing builder against the architects. The builder I/IIs might not have a chance of winning. Also, maybe a competition for guests, whoever wins, gets ranked up, but if there are hardly any guests competing, then make the prize smaller. It might be a complicated system, but if it works, then I will take part for sure.

12. Pieman_Is_God

Yes that's obvious, but lots of people have to start participating first like I said...
    Architects and admins would not win the prize, just placed in the hall of fame if they wanna compete, and it depends on the contest set up anyway.
    Don't think we can make a guest contest, and at the end of the day, bigger prizes are not decided by me, they are decided by max, and I'm sure he'd rather see it become very busy then start rewarding.

13. RozzyRanger101

I suppose. I shouldn't ask for too much, he must be very busy already.

14. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

We had an entire contest world with prizes planned. The fact was no one wanted to go through with it. The idea was to get more players to use the froums through submitting pictures of their builds. But the last contest only had one reply. So how do you justify a contest when no one wants to finish. It was very frustrating trying to tend to the admin needs, contest needs and my needs and then to have contestants to just threw away all of our hard work.