Fix Voting System Please

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by QuietSea, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I don't see as much voting as we used to have ever since we added more sites and rewarded less rupies. May I suggest we switch back to just the top 3 most popular server list sites and reward more (preferably just 200 each since voting for creative does something different now)? If we have more people inclined to vote, it will lead to more new daily players! Let's be honest, most people are going to want to spend more time playing than filling out tedious captchas that are hard to read. So it might be a better idea to stick with the top 3 server sites. Most referrals under the applications are either player referrals or from the top 3 server sites.

2. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Current stats from only approved survival apps
    Feb/bit of march

March stats: (15/03/13 dd/mm/yy)

[​IMG]

Minecraft-Mp yet to redeem itself, others seem they could be worth keeping, stop being slack voting

3. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

Ok keep minestatus, mcserverlist, planetminecraft, minecraftservers.net.

4. ModernDragoness

ModernDragoness Member VIP

How about a midpoint? Slightly recover the value of the top three sites and have those be the ones obviously linked. Keep the other sites at a reduced value in a sort of spoiler view (feeling extra generous? click here for more vote sites!) I'd honestly like to see a couple non-votifier but still quality vote site links for Shadecrest, for those of us that care more about supporting Shadecrest than how many rupies we recieve.

waterpower1 and sharqman like this.
  5. QuietSea

That sounds a bit too complicated. I would rather have a basic system where we just have 3-4 mainstream server listing sites. It's not like the people that already vote on the other sites help with shadecrest's rep on those sites. In other words, having those sites still available might not even help. ShadeCrest has thrived under only 3 sites and so have most other popular servers with 600+ players during peak hours

6. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Imo we could do these 4 at 150r each (500 in total). They have the higher numbers

7. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

while I agree that voting on 9 sites is tedious, the extra exposure to any players looking for a server can help, granted the 2 sites only have 1 player each thats still 32 extra people that may not have otherwise found the server.

Maybe remove the 2 that havent produced and adjust the rewards to a set total amount something like 700 rupies for voting on all 7 sites

8. Pieman_Is_God

But you've got to compare whether being high up on the sites that brought the most in, will bring in more then being lower down on all of them

9. QuietSea

This is pretty much what I was going to say. If we spread too far over multiple sites, then it will be harder to get in higher, more noticeable ranks on the list

10. ModernDragoness

ModernDragoness Member VIP

Don't underestimate just being on a list. Some sites you wouldn't expect to convert well, even if just for the amount of competition, do give a decent amount of traffic even for less-voted servers. That's why even if we go back to only rewarding 3 (or 4) sites, I still think people should be given a [relatively] convenient list of other sites they can vote at if they want to do more.

11. QuietSea

If the rupie part isn't a problem then why not reward nothing for those sites but still leave it as an option to vote for the server? Then just have the major 3-4 sites reward rupies

12. Pieman_Is_God

Because unfortunately the majority of people won't do anything without being rewarded in some way :(

13. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

We can keep the ones removed from votifier in the vote count

14. iamenrique123

iamenrique123 Active Member VIP

Its definitely most important to boost the page on PMC. Maybe make that have the biggest reward. Many people only vote on one site at a time, so why not make PMC the primary focus and try and get higher ranked on that.

sharqman likes this.
  15. majestic_moose

We should just list them in order of importance, so if someone votes and then gets over it half way, the important sites still get the votes.

16. QuietSea

Bump. I really don't want this to get buried and unresolved

17. Williamtu4

Williamtu4 New Member

hmmm more money does sound nice..... $.$

18. iamenrique123

iamenrique123 Active Member VIP

what about my idea?

19. QuietSea

maybe...I liked the old way we had previous to adding extra hardmode to the server (like around spring/summer 2012)

20. majestic_moose

Let's watch the apps a bit longer, check out the second sheet on the doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.