reshatok

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by reshatok, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reshatok

reshatok Member Creative Architect

Disclaimer: This thread is for admins and architects to post only. Please nobody else post here.

IGN: reshatok

Why I want to become Architect:
    I enjoy building though I have to admit sometimes I have a total failure of inspiration which is evident from my total builds over the almost year of being on ShadeCrest being those showcased in the 3rd section. I feel I put allot effort into my builds and I am genuinely proud of my main build at /warp IceQuarter (the palace).

I try to help most people who ask for it whether it be people who ask for a opinion on their build or trying to understand what the holy grail of creative builds is "detailing."
    My advice with detailing mostly revolves around not trying to detail a basic shape such as a rectangle
    (some times I have no advice just say it's great because there's allot of great stuff being made at the moment)

Sometimes I feel my advice to guests is lost due to the indistinct builder 2 name tag compared to architect name tag. I think the arch tag will give my opinion a little more clout.

Also I am prototyping a "community build" from what started off as a side project with a friend
    this project will go on regardless as my main focus now as a attempt at group build management or solo. I think being an architect would help me a great deal.

How long I have been on the server(/seen): 7th of April 2012
    Long time with a few absences

Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below:

/warp IceQuarter

This warp has my main build which is complete inside and out.

Inspiration comes from "The Twins" in GOT but it turned into something different entirely. It now has a ton of arches and perhaps more of a Gothic style.
    Props to Killor for world editing some flat land. I've terraformed over it now so you should be able to spot the giant rectangle
    Screens:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

/warp redt
    Is a project I've been working on and off on its got some ship wreaks an attempt a human head and a start at a sandstone temple/palace Its more of a doodle area
    Props to Lion for so world edit copy and paste
    Screens:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

/warp wheelt

This ones a bit difficult, Scratchee help me design the house on top of the hill but I was also trying to teach some building techniques with the house to him over skype.
    He designed and built the crane and the method to power it and the platform below the crane.

Some one has built very close to us that I am kind of peeved at
    Everything right of the farm land from the perspective or the warp I did not build, I did build everything else though.

Im using the build for a prototype for a community build type thing but thats another topic

Screens:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please visit the warps before making a judgement I'm fairly bad at taking photos so I don't think my screenshots will be any good either

I hope I pass the requirements:D

Thanks for reading

I would like to spoiler tag the image groups but I don't know how

2. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Yes :D This is awesome bro! Good job :]

reshatok likes this.
  3. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Idek need to explain resh, I love your style and your always helpful :D yes!
    Edit: Btw the texture pack you use you really suits those builds!

reshatok likes this.
  4. TheKillorX

TheKillorX Active Member Creative Architect

yeah i think this is a yes from me
    i really like your detail continue like this :D

reshatok likes this.
  5. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Ditto the above comments.

It's a yes from me as well.

reshatok likes this.
  6. reshatok

Thanks guys, I'm just handing likes out like cookies for this :D.

Edit: I now realize I've forgotten a poll, dang can't edit in a poll

7. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I saw your build awhile ago, and I was amazed by it, lol

yes :)

reshatok likes this.
  8. trukklob

trukklob Active Member Creative Architect

Awesome builds resh! I have seen you on the server for the last year, and I really like your style-! Dedicated and talented, a YES vote from me. :D
    ~trukklob

reshatok likes this.
  9. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

imaxorz Its looking pretty unanimous ;)

10. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Soooo, my turn. I love your build style, I've said this for a while. I remember talking to Si and saying that you'd be architect pretty quick. However, I'm not overly impressed I think you can do much better. The screenshots make your build look better, not that they look bad. I love the exterior on the icequarter build, but I'm not a huge fan of the interior it feels unfinished. Having said that, I'm awful at interior and you're probably much better than me in that aspect so...yeah. I would love to see you try something bigger and with a more organic shape to get a yes from me.

But, it looks like you'll be getting architect soon anyways since all the others said yes.

To summarise, you have the skills, I'm just not so impressed at the execution.

P.S. Your skull looks all pouty :p

Good luck :)

wasn't clear: no for now

reshatok likes this.
  11. reshatok

Soo is that a yes or a no or a mabey.

I indeed can do better I knew it half way through IceQuarter.
    I've reached the same conclusion halfway through a lot of builds I then have to choose to abandon or power on through or do what I did with IceQuarter.
    IceQuarter is allot of ideas mashed together, the front was build long before the rest and was at the very beginning a bridge. the sides where a window concept mainly and roofs taken from some other builds to try and fit in with the area.
    The back towers are far to gothic but were really fun to build. because of this the interior really suffered my original vision didn't fit So i kinda threw something together, I kinda got a bit of builders fatigue.

I really want to build a big underground build so I can concentrate on interior, plus I have a few ideas that need to come out.

I've never really had a real vision for a build I usually mess about for a bit then some stuff appears.

I've started working on something with organic lines recently well they are free hand non calculated

Thanks for some critique A360P

12. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Are there any contradictions to this app? I think the overall decision is a yes.
    imaxorz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.