Creative plugin

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by TehRawB, Mar 28, 2013.

1. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

you typed the words right off my keyboard

2. Smoshy_lover2

Smoshy_lover2 New Member

Will someone help me? i am trapped in a nether portal in the builder 2 world, but i'm builder 1. i need an admin to help me, or a way for someone to tp me out. If you get me out, i will be in your debt. plz help!!!!

3. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

You should make a new post in the help section instead of in an unrelated thread, but try warping out.

4. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

This is why we don't make portal traps, then make warps into said traps...

5. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

micro blocks for a server suggestion
    can it be done???

6. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

From memory, the microblocks are a part of the redpower mod (not sure if there's a separate pluggin). The real question is if it can only be implemented server side, and not client side.

The different aspects of the mod are (from memory):

The microblocks, as Si and anyone who's ever used them want. These may cause issues if implemented on a large scale, and people would probably go overboard with them on plots. But then again, they already do that with vanilla blocks anyway.

Redpower lighting. This adds new redstone lamps into the game, in a variety of colours, and also adds inverted ones that don't require a redstone signal to turn on. I think this would be another fantastic addition if implemented.

The actual namesake of the mod, redpower. This adds a bunch of redstone related things, such as redstone wiring, which can go up walls, on the bottom of blocks, or even be crafted into a freestanding version that doesn't require an anchor block. There's also a host of other redstone related gates, which serve to reduce the size of redstone machines. I would say that this part be for B2 and up, or which ever rank can build in Redstone world; the complexity of this part could probably cause some serious harm/lag.

The final part is the machines, which is a simple nope, shouldn't be implemented, no use. In my opinion anyway.

If someone could find another mod/pluggin for microblocks, that would also make things much simpler.

7. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I think it's fair game to ban the person who made said trap for a long while. That will show them not to be immature.

8. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

added chat party alterntative, all the same commands except you use /g and /guild instead of /p and /party (/p interferes with voxel), anyone builder II or up can create a guild
    EDIT: will be enabled on the next restart

9. sioutdoors

Cool sharq. About the micro blocks think of this. Shade crest the only creative server to ha e micro blocks - the rest of tekkit and ftb, just micro blocks. And ofcourse ask Z about the other redpower becuase even thus dumb version of redstone still confuses me lol. This would be huge. Start featuring these types of builds in videos and creative people will show up by the droves.

10. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Also new wood types are cool from extra biomes.

11. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I hate to burst the creative bubble going on right now, but any microblocks/new blocks mod would require the mod to be installed client-side as well. People would have to use a specialized client to connect to the server.

12. Legend9468

Exactly. If it has to be done client side, then it'll have the opposite effect, we'll lose people in droves.

While it would be amazing to do. There's still a fair bit to do on the technical side. It would almost be easier to run a creative FTP server.

13. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Isn't there a voxel modpack for ftb?
    Could make it a VIP server, or just another server

14. sioutdoors

none of the other mods are done client side. Also some servers install mods on your computer for you when you first log in (they ask first) aka voxel box and their texture packs

15. Legend9468

None of the other mods are adding entirely new blocks into the game as far as I know either.

16. TehRawB

TehRawB Active Member Creative Architect

17. sioutdoors

Lol nice one

18. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

FTB client launcher has a voxelmodpack for vanilla minecraft
    servers

19. sioutdoors

So in other words we would have to change from a bukkit to a forge server. ??? I'm confused now me want micro blocks whhhaaaaa whaaaaa. Well I know that red power isn't the only mod offering this type of block

20. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

To have new blocks, everyone would need client-side mods. If you don't have the mod, you're launcher (I'm guessing), won't know how to handle a block with an item code of 497:12 or 1123, and it also would have no texture files to access for them

Legend9468 likes this.