New town system suggestion.

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by kirederf60, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I agree your system would be nice, as everything is custom, but towny is good for its simplicity, and as Sharq said somewhere earlier, the two most popular plugins are factions and towny, it could confuse newer players trying to make a town, better to go with something everyone knows?

2. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

There shouldn't be caused all that much confusion since world guard is actually quite simple, it's just confusing since I'm not all that good at explaining things, especially when something like this would be very easy to explain with either a video or some pictures. And while simplicity is all well and good, it isn't so good in this case as towny handles protection very badly and mayors are very restricted by the protection and plot system with no vertical limits and only 16x16 chunk plots (or 24x24 however much it is).

3. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I agree it would be easy to learn, but most mcers don't want to learn, they want what they know. It's not that I dont like your idea, its just that its more important we think about the kind of players we will be getting if we were to try and set up a new town system.
    I also think the towny plot size can be changed, although 8x8 is the smallest

4. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

If we stuck with the same systems all the time the server would soon die, change can be very good and change for a better system is even better, while players have to learn the new system, the only people who really need to know much are mayors and assistants. Citizens don't need to learn much, they request to buy a plot from a mayor or assistant and they get it.

5. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Remember the issue was that towns aren't really doing to well. This is more just to do with how active you have to be cover the upkeep, so a lot of towns just die. If a town implements tax, less people want to join or are kicked out

6. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

Well this issue doesn't really have much effect on this system as it's going to be pretty much the same whether or not we use world guard. To be honest, I think we should either remove tax and town upkeep completely or at least drastically reduce it since it's causing more problems even if it is there as an economy balancer. Sisu has a ridiculously high upkeep and it is a huge money sink as either players don't like the taxed amount and quit or get kicked from town, or the town just loses a lot of money since less tax on citizens means more town members.