Cooking with Pyro

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by pyro5050, Sep 17, 2011.

1. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

i love to BBQ and make good meals... hence why i am overweight... :) or as the medical professions call it... morbidly obease... :( i am sorry but 210 lbs on a 5'6" frame that can leg press as much as a professional footballer, not morbidly obease...

anyhow... here are some ribs... and i shall walk you through how to make a sexy sexy rib dinner...

i start with Pork Back Ribs, also called Baby Back Ribs by some (exact same thing though)

i thought to take pictures too late but meh...

so i started these last night...

Aswell

First steps
    1: take a small parring knife, or handle of a spoon, and peel off the membrane from the back of the ribs. the membrane is a thing white film that protects the organs from the outside world parasites and the like... because of it's roll in the pig, the sauces and spice we will use cannot penetrate it... that is unacceptable, peel from the thin end of the rib and just tear it off... you will expose some fat under it, (hard white stuff) thats good to have there... :)

2: flip em over and get your dry rub spices ready.

3: rub your dry spice mixture into the meat, work it into the meat really well as the spice needs to be all through the meat for a great rib. take your time and massage it in... do the top then bottom and let it sit overnight in your fridge. if you are prepping day of serving, let it sit for 2 hours minimum...

and now we wait for another 2-3 hours for my next update into the cooking of the ribs... :) let those ribs sit and soak in the spice... i put mine on my counter in a baking pan to let me soak it all up...

2. pyro5050

we are back, the ribs are in the oven as i write this
    First, open a beer (if you are of legal drinking age in your place of residence)

when you return to your ribs, re-rub em with the dry seasoning and leave alot on top. after your done with that grab a lemon for every two racks of ribs

get a baking sheet with edges for every two racks of ribs and add a bit of water to it.

now you slice your lemon and put the lemon slices in the water on the pan, and squeeze the ends of the lemon into the water. the slight acidity will help flavor your meat as well as open the meat up to more flavor from your dry rub seasoning while it slowly cooks.

preheat your oven to 200F *yes that is really really low, i know... for back ribs, you dont need as long of a cook time but i like cooking em low and long, it gives much better flavor and reduces the chances of burnt meat. also liquifies the fat slower giving a more even taste.

now we lay our ribs onto the slices of lemon that we laid in the water and get ready to put em in the oven!

when you put them in your oven you let em cook for ONE HOUR at 200F and then increase the temp to 250F for one more hour, then it is pretty much play it by ear... for more ribs it will take longer... so for my set i might need to do 1hr at 200 and 2hr at 250

when they are done in the oven we move to the BBQ... that will be the next postings... :)

3. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

I'll have to try this sometime! Where's the pix of the final product? D:

4. Zero_X4

Zero_X4 Member

"when they are done in the oven we move to the BBQ... that will be the next postings..."

5. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

But he posted this a while ago today D:

6. pyro5050

yeah i got drunk and my friends came over and i propsed to my GF... i got pics... and will update tommorow... sorry... have better things to do right now,,, :)

7. Zero_X4

Zero_X4 Member

+1

8. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

9. trentr6436

trentr6436 Member VIP

MILLER!!! BLASPHEMY!!!

btw, i picked up some grolsch last nite, good stuff =D

10. Zero_X4

Zero_X4 Member

11. pyro5050