Gloincloth Architect Application

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by Gloincloth, May 21, 2013.

?

Do i deserve Architect Rank

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Gloincloth

Gloincloth New Member

Disclaimer: This thread is for admins and architects to post only. Please nobody else post here.

IGN: Gloincloth

Why I want to become Architect:
    I would love to receive the honour of becoming a higher rank in this server, I believe that I have the building skills required for Architect. Also, I would like to create even bigger and splendid builds with the tools that come with the rank. I just want to help out more with community and all the members of staff on projects. This is a very well run server and i would like to improve anyone that wants help.

How long I have been on the server(/seen): Oct 28 2012

Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below: /Warp Gloin /warp Gloinarch (i didnt name the warps didnt know how to :) )

sorry i can not seem to put pictures on this thread for some reason, it is saying the file is to big and dont know how to reduce the size of the file if someone can tell me how to i will gladly put some on

2. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Good start, but it isn't up to standard quite yet. The ship is very nice, but the structure isn't quite as good as well has having a slightly mis-matched interior (imo anyway). I would expand the port area and maybe add a shipyard with ships being built, cranes etc. as far as I'm aware we don't have anything built like that on the server right now. Try and capture the feel of a port town.

Good luck anyways :)

3. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

the ship is nicely done but your buildings lack a certain style I like to see from architects. at the ship location maybe more docks,ships and buildings breath life into it make it not just a structure but make it almost as if it could be a real life port town with your build style

A360P likes this.
  4. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Bumping this and giving the 2 cents that I owe.

I pretty much agree with the other 2, although I don't really feel like this is a port type place, it seemed more like a personal dock for the mansion on the hill; the ship does have a nice shape.

Speaking of the mansion, you've got exterior pretty much nutted out, so no complaints there. It's the interior that really killed it for me. Rooms don't have a clear use when first entered, I didn't realise that I was standing in the bathroom until I realised that I was staring at the basin, and I didn't find the stairs between floors until near the end of my tour. With a mansion that size, single block wide dark stairways are a no-no; they seem more like servants stairs from the Victorian era. The doublethick walls and floors were a nice touch, but there was no consistent theme with them, nor thought between the colours used imo (Light blue/white stripes for the study and pink for the ??? room).

So yeah, it's a no from me for now. I can see another app on the horizon from you though, and I'm looking forwards to it.

5. Gloincloth

Gloincloth New Member

Thank you for all your input i appreciate all your advice, can i request a little WE/VS help with the landscape in order to add more to the builds because the area is to hilly to be able to make it into a port town that correlates to the size of the builds so far, or if you know of an area more suited moving the ship and house.
    Also as for my interiors i absolutely suck at them :) as you have pointed out lol, but i will try to improve on them.

6. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

not much input on this thread.
    /warp gloin is really flat on the bottom. makes it look very bizarre.
    same with the bottom of gloin arch, it just looks bad with a completely flat bottom with just cobble. Interior is very dynamic, not sure if that's a problem. idk about an end stone floor in that one room; I'm not a big fan of end stone ._. Exterior is cool though other than the fact it just randomly hangs off the mountain.