Town Chats

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by iiDreamzzHD, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Ok so now that we have ruled out WG as a replacement for towny the TC issue still stands.

So why don't we just make HeroChat channels for each of the towns? It'd be a quick and easy fix to a major problem. They can be password protected and only the residents of the town know it. That or make it so only residents of the town can join it, kind of like the VIP channel.

2. DarkNoodle

DarkNoodle Member VIP

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Can we also change OffTopic back to Global?

3. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

Either of those would be feasible, but I think the first would be better.

The admins (I think) either have to set channels so that a minimum rank can join it, or manually add people. The first option, password protection, is how the VIP channel workED and would be much better, so long as people can be kicked if they are not in the town.

4. iiDreamzzHD

But could we make it so that mayors and assistants only had the perms to kick in their channel is the question.

5. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

party chat?

thechooosen1 likes this.
  6. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

how to party chat

7. iiDreamzzHD

Yeah party chat would work, but I think it would be best to keep all the chat under one platform to keep it simple and less confusing for new players that aren't familiar with party chat and how it works. Also I don't think that you can monitor who joins party chat and who can talk in it, so people from enemy towns could join it and spy. I think herochat would be best.

8. MelinaHites

MelinaHites Active Member VIP

I'm pretty sure there's a thing in hero chat that works with towny

9. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

You can also ignore people in herochat which you can't do in tc

10. sharqman

any town that has the risk of spying would be pvp, and it would be recommended to have a party chat for that anyway due to the friendly fire benefit.

11. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

We were fine without the friendly fire benefit before, and like dreamzz said, with party chat, there's no way to monitor whether someone was given the password and joined to spy on the town. If we do a herochat system, we can have a single password, and if someone joins the channel who doesn't belong to the town, they can easily be kicked by an assistant/mayor, no admin intervention required.

12. sharqman

You can add passwords to partychat as well., the name is like a password itself.

13. iiDreamzzHD

Yeah but partychat is just overall confusing in my opinion haha, I think we should just stick with the chat plugin that everyone knows if you ask me. And we could keep parties for friendly fire, and also because people can still use that chat to have group conversations without using off topic if they're not in local range.

14. sharqman

it's pretty simple, /p <message> vs /sisu <message>
    to join /party SiSu or sisu or SISU or sisU vs/ch sisu
    I thought about making channels for each town, but parties would be easier and just as effective.

15. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Why are we making towns easier, and then having people learn a new pluggin just to TALK >_<

iiDreamzzHD likes this.
  16. iiDreamzzHD

I know it's simple but for new people it can be a complicated plugin to learn, especially how it doesn't cooperate with /tell and doing /o [message] (not sure if they fixed that or not).

17. sharqman

It's not complicated, it would be just like town chat. You tell them to do /party NaMe and then tell them to do /p <message> just like town chat would be /tc <message>, only difference is that you need to have them join the channel, like you would need to do with herochat anyway. If a player really can't get party chat you want them in your party because chances are they might try and kill a friendly in pvp.

18. iiDreamzzHD

Good point, but don't you think it would be better to keep all the chat under one platform?

19. sharqman

What does it really matter? we're going to have party chat and Herochat no matter what. The only difference is that party chat is easier to setup. If a lot of people in towns want a chat channel we can get it, but right now I think party chat will do.

20. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

You can monitor and I'm pretty sure kick people yourself from a party. /party shows you all people in chat and all who are online

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.