Could We Get WebAuctions Back?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by PieSquared761, Jun 11, 2013.

1. MelinaHites

MelinaHites Active Member VIP

My thing is I've only ever seen people abuse this plugin. Like its great when used correctly, I just hardly ever see it used that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. Jasperli

Jasperli Member VIP

But there is a fully working plugin for this?

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/webportal/

It is basicly the new upgraded version of the old webauctions with a lot of new and useful things:
    -WithList (Player can now put in a buy comands as well! So you can put in for example that you are buying 10k Dirt for 1r/stack)
    -You can use on Index
    • McMMO (So it links even McMmo stats with this amazing plugin)
    • Essentials
    -You can sell your web auction items in game too ( Sign: wSell ) <---- I LOVE THIS!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    thechooosen1 and waterpower1 like this.
  3. Jasperli

Jasperli Member VIP

Store their money? You mean items? Why would anyone store their money there?

I think people will be abusing this plugin as well, every single plugin we get has been and will be abused. We just need to find a way to stop people from abusing this. McMmo, lwc, towny, he, prism, etc. all have been used to save or make stuff worth milions of rupies but bans, rules & changes to plugins have made them pretty unabuseable.

I must also say that I would love if there was a way that people could store their items in web and buy room in the web the same way we buy chest protections in minecraft.

4. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

5. nutz_22

nutz_22 New Member

I agree with this. Having everything in one spot just makes buying and selling items much more convenient. It gives those without their own shop a chance to sell things. It also makes it easier to find something you want because you don't have to warp to multiple shops that may or may not have what you want. A web auction isn't the only way to do this either. The mall we had a long time ago basically did this too just in game.

6. Dezmo489

Dezmo489 Member

I like the sound of the mall. Or Maybe a merchant town? One warp, multiple shops.

7. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

We had both of those, but they were too much work for the admins.

8. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I thought about bringing it back, even made one (old spawn theme) but it didn't have time to finish it. Now I don't want to interfere with the market since it's all privatized now. However, since peaceful spawn is rarely used I might rig something up in my spare time.

thechooosen1 likes this.
  9. nutz_22

nutz_22 New Member

I would be willing to help if there is anything that I can do. Giving people a reason to go to spawn would be a good idea.
    Everyone is very spread out on the map and seeing other people at spawn would create more of a sense of community i think

sharqman likes this.
  10. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I think we really need to try and get back to what we had 2 years ago. I know some people liked the feel of the split world where you can walk to pvp, but it's too late to do anything that major.

thechooosen1 and PieSquared761 like this.
  11. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

We could start with a mall, marketplace, and a bockbeard :D

thechooosen1 likes this.
  12. thechooosen1

thechooosen1 Active Member VIP

Hey guys I was thinking we could still use web auctions just limit it's commands to spawn world, so people can't quickly hide there items when running from pvp or about to die mining or whatever the reason. I'm pretty sure you can do this because you did it with towny commands.

I don't know lemme know if this is a good idea or really annoying or hard to do.

13. Jasperli

Jasperli Member VIP

Yeah I liked when we had the auction house and it was the only place where you could deposit items to WA. And each town then had a sign where you could take item out of WA.

The mall seems like a good idea as well but frankly I think it would get removed pretty fast againas people don't know how to use it and it would still be hard to find the items you are looking for. I still remmember how it ended up so that admins were cleaning mall out of wrongly placed signs monthly and during that time you were able to get tons of stuff out of the removed shop signs protected chests. Also there was a problem with the most popular spots on mall (Wood for example) having everysingle chest spot taken and people who had the spots were selling them for money. The mall was also considered a good place to store your items without paying for locked chests as it was easy to get to trough warps and over priced stuff was the norm of it. And then old chest shops should be removed at some point as well. So yeah a lot of work for staff in order to have the mall somewhat working.

thechooosen1 likes this.