Why, just why....

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by CanOpenerTrooper, Jun 18, 2013.

1. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Sooooooooo yea, I bet most of you have heard about the Xbox ONE.... Just wanted to see what you guys had in mind.... PS4? PC? Xbox ONE? Feel free to rage as much as you want about how crappy the ONE (stupid name) is. I can't hold in my anger, the 360 was revolutionary! Microsoft had to ruin the leader of the consol industry.... I mean, who creates a consol with a camera that watches you 24/7, has to have internet to work, mostly the same GPU and RAM, and even says in an interview that "if you don't have internet, stick with the 360". Honestly, I scour youtube seeing one messup at a time by Microsoft.... they have had "technical difficulties" during E3 and their press conference.... They have had interviews where people who work for them dis the ONE. I am absolutely horrified with this... Guess I will no longer stick with the Xbox series and move over to the PS4. I mean, I can see the ONE being o.k for seniors to use for Netflix and the NFL and such, bit isn't this supposed to be a gaming consol, not a movie streamer? Have fun telling ShadeCrest what you think :)

Why I hate the ONE:
    needs internet to log on and play
    Needs kinect to work
    can't use used games without paying a fee (ruins the point of gaming if you ask me)
    Not compatible with indie games -_-
    pretty much the same GPU and RAM (slight diference)
    Consol logs on for 1 hour every 24 hours
    fricken expensive for a DVD player

And the way Microsoft showed off their DVD player, Sony presented their Gaming Beast much better.
    -R.I.P Xbox franchise-

(just a gif I wanted to relate to this :p )

[​IMG]

hywzerboydy likes this.
  2. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

Just spend that $500 upgrading your PC ;)

Idc much about Xbox being horrible, I'm used to it by now. Microsoft is a horrible company and needs to die. Hopefully the XBone sucking will hurt them enough for them to start caring about their consumers.

I don't care much about console wars though, only reason I'd buy a console is to play Infamous: Second Son.

CanOpenerTrooper and Dman2416 like this.
  3. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

Yeah plus with steam your pc basically is a console.

4. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

Oh and in a completely related unrelated note. Arghhhgh Im a Pirate!

5. Dman2416

Dman2416 Active Member

Its about time consoles catch up to PC.

For hardware, I'd say both are about even. The CPU's on both are the same (gotta love AMD 8-cores). GPU's are same. But where one side really blows the other out of the water is the RAM department. 8 GB of DDR3 is decent for the Xbox, but the DDR5 on the PS4 really outruns its competitor.

For software, I really like the Xbox UI and such, but the kinect constantly watching and listening to you is sorta scary. Plus I F*****G HATE THE INTERNET REQUIREMENT. Plus the whole "sharing" stuff is complete BS. Cake goes to PS4 here (take a look at this ).

As for games, both look pretty cool, but I like PS4 games more. Just look at games like Watch Dogs, Killzone: Shadow Fall, and Battlefield 4 compared to Titanfall and the milked out series in Halo, and COD, I prefer PS4 here, as they bring in more fresh looks.

Overall, I like the PS4 more, better hardware, more user friendly software (actually sharing games :D:D:D:D:D:D ), and more fresh games.

Haters gonna hate.

Did I forget it costs $100 less??

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  6. Navarog

Sharing games is a non-issue for me. I don't have any friends.

7. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

the games can be shared if the publisher of the game says that it can be shared
    and it doesn't automaticly log on
    and the camera really doesn't watch you why would it do you really think bill gates is like:

MUKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA now i can see everyone
    no thats just idiotic -.-

8. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

XBOX One really is a stupid name, but it's better than the PS4 with it's stupid touch-pad at the front. On the Vita? That's fine. On a home console? No.

9. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

ITT people who forget gamers aren't the only target demographic for the Xbox (TV TV TV television TV TV)

And also, a company does what it can to benefit its owners. Microsoft is a listed company so must please it's shareholders, Sony is private and can do whatever it wants.

Dman2416 and Navarog like this.
  10. CanOpenerTrooper

Well, I would spend the money to upgrade my brand new desktop. Right now all I do is render animations on it, play MC at 100 fps.... I don't really play anything other than that on it. I used to have a 360, I thought it was amazing, best consol out there! After the reveal of the ONE I decided PS4 would be the next!

11. CanOpenerTrooper

The camera mesures your audio I think. It has to be on for the ONE to work I just hate the fact of having a camera staring at me while I be a fat as* playing Battlefield 3 eating Doritos....

12. Navarog

Wtf Moose. Adding something intelligent to a thread about videogames?

Dman2416 and CanOpenerTrooper like this.
  13. CanOpenerTrooper

Exactly, ruins it.

14. Foxums

Foxums New Member

NERD RIOT!!! \o/

Dman2416 and CanOpenerTrooper like this.
  15. InvaderZar

InvaderZar Member

I can't even get over the name of the XboxOne. Next thing you know we're gonna have the "Xbuxxasdf69"

hywzerboydy likes this.
  16. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Oops, forgot this was supposed to be in the troll board.

Yeah let's boycott it! That'll totally show em! No way it can't work

17. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

no offense to console gamers, I used to be one myself, but how can you justify spending that much money for a "dumbed down" version of a PC. In the beginning consoles were the wave of the future, pc's weren't designed for gaming.

lately it seems as if consoles cater to players that feel a PC is "too complicated" or "too expensive" to justify just playing games, but in reality you can order parts and build your own computer that would put even the newest and greatest consoles to shame, for the same price.

I used to think this way, I played PS2 and scoffed at PC's thinking it was a waste of money, but after realising that consoles will never be on par with gaming PC's for the simple fact that they DO cater to people like that, I will never go back, EVER.

/end rant :p

18. CanOpenerTrooper

Well, I myself am both a consol and a PC gamer (rare species). I guess consols are for the people who can't afford 1,000$ or more to play games with decent graphics... They also have a different atmosphere when you play with them. For one, you have to play with a controller which makes playing the game much more different. Also, playing on a computer requires you to be sitting in a computer chair which can get quite irritating after a while. With a consol you can chill on the sofa or on a bean bag (my fav). Personally I am even on PC vs Consol. Consol gaming is mostly for the chill relaxed gamer, while PC gaming is for those who take clan gaming to the extreme. I do a bit of both, especially in BF3

hywzerboydy and Manglor like this.
  19. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

Pc's don't require you to sit in a computer chair at all, most new TV have the same hook up as a pc monitor and you can easily go to walmart and buy a game controller. I'm not a hardcore gamer at all, I just feel that consoles appeal to players because its simple and easy, put game in, press start, play.

I bought my computer before PS3 ever came out, it is still better than the latest PS4, if you take that into account, I've spent way less money on my 1000$ computer then I would have if I had stuck with console. And even if something better does come out for consoles it'll be far less cheaper for me to upgrade my computer than to buy the PS5 or whatever

CanOpenerTrooper and Navarog like this.
  20. CanOpenerTrooper

You do have some good points. I scoured the Amazon at the latest and greatest gaming desktops that would probably get you 90 FPS with high graphics on BO2. The average Alienware computer that can handle that is 1k$.... I know there are other brands out there that maybe sell for cheaper with the same specs.

Here is another aspect of consol gaming. Let's say you don't have 1k $$$ to spend on a dream computer. Most families have 1 or 2 average computers that can't handle COD. maybe for the occasional Minecraft or youtube session, they might fare well. A consol is the perfect edition for that circumstance. I mean, your parents have no clue how to use it so it is all yours (unless you have siblings). It is cheap, reliable, easy to use, and a ton of fun.