Why, just why....

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by CanOpenerTrooper, Jun 18, 2013.

1. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

2. Dman2416

Dman2416 Active Member

Cano, word of advise, I can tell you from experience, NEVER buy a laptop. Its basically a console with a PC OS. The upgradeability is super limited and heat is an issue.

3. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

Actually my step father hasn't come off the ps3 since we got the walking dead, and the same for skyrim :p

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  4. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Xbox One, the consol everyone loves to hate just got harder to hate. We'll have to find something else to circlejerk about now.

creeperkiller132 likes this.
  5. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

MS announced that it doesn't need to be online every 24 hours
    its not region blocked anymore
    and there is no fee anymore on games

6. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

[​IMG]

Dman2416 likes this.
  7. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

that ddr5 ram though

Dman2416 likes this.
  8. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

How about that PS3 update that makes PS3 unusable. I think that's unfair and I hate Sony now. Sony can go eat a bag of monkey male reproductive organs.

9. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Navarog, that was too far...

10. sharqman

what update made the ps3 unusable oO

11. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

it was a most recent one. :s

12. sharqman

Pretty sure mine is up to date and it is still usable...

13. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

I completely agree, see nothing wrong with consoles at all I'm just a PC guy :) while name brands like alienware are good if you price the same parts that come in a prebuilt computer minus the name brand and cool computer case you could probably get the same specs for 600-800 $ and it surprisingly easy to build your own if you do a little research in what to do (or not to do) while building it

Dman2416 likes this.
  14. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Lol, you do know that alienware has probably the most outrageous price : hardware ratio since the mac, right? And a normal console is generally around 300-400 dollars? Well I guarantee you could get a better performing PC for the same price, plus the added benefits that come with a computer. I'll admit, a console does have a sort of comfort to it, like laying back in a couch with a controller, playing on a big screen TV. But like mang said, drivers are always available to connect your xbox controller to your computer, and a simple VGA/HDMI cable can connect your computer to your TV to give you the same experience. If you're the kind of person that doesn't want to go through the extra hassle, though, consoles are probably the way to go.

Dman2416 likes this.
  15. trukklob

trukklob Active Member Creative Architect

erm... I've been playing console games since Nintendo(1), and I have to say, the latest console war has made me weary... I don't care about "specs", as both consoles are still severely underpowered compared to pc's. The title selection ultimately goes multi-platform, because game companies are not into losing money. Exclusive titles are for "fanboys" and should be avoided at all costs. Marketing is king, and is undoubtedly why we are seeing these multi-million dollar companies go into convulsions over negative "tweets" about their crappy products. Bottom line: make good games, make them available to mass markets, and people will pay money to play them. All other strategies have been over analyzed and diluted by technology think-tanks who have never touched a game like Final Fantasy 8. I, (like navarog), have no friends, and my console experience is almost completely single player... the online component is fun for 9 year olds with daddy's high-speed broadband internet, but holds no appeal for players with discretion or taste like myself. (conceited...? nope-) In conclusion: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Make a powerful cpu with ergonomic gui and awesome games... that is all!!

/rant terminate
    /no, cano
    /ban cano (#firstworldissues)
    /unban trukklob (sorry quiet, I can't help it)

16. CanOpenerTrooper

I am not really the person who hates the hassel. In fact, I spend hours a day trying to figure out solutions for most things (if they involve computers and video games)... Unlike Math homework (I spend a good 3 minutes on it)....

Anyway, I also like the communities in PC Gaming and Consol Gaming. If I get into a community on a consol game that doesn't talk sh*t about my mom, I usually can be a relaxed and enjoy my Doritos and stuff. On a PC I find it much harder to play with a controller with a PC community. I mean, a controller honestly has a lot of down falls vs a mouse. It may vary from person to person but in most people, they can get much better accuracy with a mouse. One of the things I don't like about mouses is you aren't able to do in PC, is eat while you play. (a must for me).

just my opinions :p

Manglor and Dman2416 like this.
  17. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

I hate gaming communities usually, because they're filled with people like you. ;)

Plenty of PC games are (in my opinion) better with a controller. It's only competitive games that you really need a mouse for. I only use my mouse in comp games and FPS.

18. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

19. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

Ive gotta say though in terms of hate sonys lock on the game market is a gay naked man and a half. As I say this I am on the vita. Oh and I found my new favorite gaming item is called the droid x360 it runs android but comes with stupid ammountsof emulators and is pretty much a vita on steroids.

Oh and I only use a mouse for league and minecraft. all other games I use a controller.

20. CanOpenerTrooper

;)