fluctuating FPS problem on survival?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Issues' started by CanOpenerTrooper, Jun 28, 2013.

?

Does this ever happen to you?

1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

62.5%
  3. kind of.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

So for a very long time I have been having this strange problem on the survival server. it doesn't happen on the creative server for some strange reason.

The problem: When I play at native resolution for my computer and a lower res I get a mix of 60 FPS and then down to 10..... For around 8-10 seconds I will be at my typical 60 fps, then I wil drop down to 8 fps for around 5 seconds. It is extremely frustrating (first world problems) I even try lowering the graphics & render distance but it still happens. I doubt it is my computer as it works fine in other servers... Is anyone else getting this problem? Hopefully soon with my new custom computer I won't get this issue, although in the meantime I have to play on my laptop.

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

It is probably the area you are in causing the lag, make a modreq where you are getting the low FPS, also are you just tping their? Sometimes your fps lowers so you can render chunks faster.

3. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

It never drops that low for me because my computer is already that low.

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  4. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

I have focused more on the areas that are causing this lag. it seems to be loads of specific 10x10 block areas....

5. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

In teamspeak they said some lag was coming from people logging off, any ideas why?

6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

It was dealt with.