Survival Events

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I said this to awastedlife many a time, he said he'd read up on it again, but he has the memory of a goldfish...lol.
    I suggested making it a 30 min or so event on friday or monday, at around the same time events start, or if its busy

2. thechooosen1

thechooosen1 Active Member VIP

Every Monday okay it's 3am ill get a couple hours sleep before events 5am okay well looks like sleeping didn't work I'll just wait then get up at 6... Falls asleep at like 5:30 sleeps til 1pm misses all the events. :( I really do hate living in Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

May I suggest moving events to a more friendly time? Maybe fridays during the evening? 4-7?
    It might create more openings for other time zones.

thechooosen1 likes this.
  4. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

I like the current time:(

SkittlesQueen likes this.
  5. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

I like things that are simple.
    I wouldn't mind something like "Gladiator". Maybe everyone has chain armor and a stone axe ? Just a simple PVP fight out to the death. Of course the people's armor would be cleared when they left the arena.
    Another thing: Horse races.

6. QuietSea

7. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

How about we bring back the Zombie Zurvival game and make it an event? I heard that it was pretty popular when it was up.

8. thechooosen1

thechooosen1 Active Member VIP

Yeah that'd be great :) because 90% of Australians are either asleep, at school or work.
    And making it the weekend would even better :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

9. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

We should, the event times seem more American friendly and this isn't an all American server.

10. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

I tried to PM awasted about making the KOTL an official thing that was separate from events (Like, if there were a lot of people on, I could just strike up a game). I'd really enjoy running it, and I already have the rules and such for winning, as well as a timer to keep score :p

11. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Trying to find a time which suits everyone will never work. Currently they're at what, 5pm? That's 7am in (Eastern) Australia and around 11pm in Eastern Europe. Make it later to suit Aussie's? Now it's too late for Europe, and vice versa. This discussion started because thechooosen1 went to bed at 5am and missed the events. This is not a time zone problem.

Events should also be at a peak server time, as the more the merrier. This happens to coincide with a nice time for Americans. If we can get enough people on during times which suit the rest of the world, I have no worries throwing a mini events.

Back on topic.
    I'd like to see how we can expand on king of the hill. Perhaps dispensers firing fire charges and arrows? Multiple towers of varying heights, with different rewards up top and a better sniping position, etc.

thechooosen1 likes this.
  12. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Again, i'd really like to do the king of the ladder thing, and multiple "courses" would be really cool!

13. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

its QuietSea s idea, let him do it if he wants

14. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Like what I may suggest we do, like what I intend to do with the Steam Meetups at some point, is run a smaller secondary events time which suits some of our more international players a bit more.

thechooosen1 likes this.
  15. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

how does one warp with his horse to the track though ?

16. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Horses could be supplied :p

17. QuietSea

Lots of stuff still need tweaking and get settled in for the new spawn! ;D Thanks for being patient for events tonight :3

18. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

Oh I had this idea during events.

The floor is Lava: So make a house sort of deal or at least build it to where they can hop from furniture to furniture trying to get out of a place with lava. Have it to where the exit is on the roof so as the game progress the lava "rises" So if they don't get to the next floor within time limit they die. The winner is last person alive or first one out.

Oh and for time, why not saturday night american? The rest of the world will either be saturday or sunday comparatively.

At least no one will be kept away because work or school well at least most normal work and school circumstances. At least at that point they just gotta get here in time within their schedule.

thechooosen1 likes this.
  19. InvaderZar

InvaderZar Member

One thing about the time, I have archery every Sunday at five, so events won't work for me. Then again, I'm ONE person.
    [​IMG]

20. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Dodgeball! Each L represents land and each A represents air and an unsurvivable fall.

AALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLAA
    AALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLAA
    AALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLAA
    AALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLAA
    AALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLAA
    AALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLAA

Two teams have to knock the opposing side of their ledge with snowballs the remaining players on the winning team get a diamond or something.