YouTube? :D

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by QuietSea, Jul 3, 2013.

?

What should I do as my first video/series? :D

1. Super Hostile Series

12.9%
  2. Survival/Hunger Games

51.6%
  3. Mini Games

3.2%
  4. Modded SSP

16.1%
  5. Vanilla SSP

9.7%
  6. Adventure Map SSP/SMP

6.5%
  1. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I need your help in choosing what I should do first! ^-^ Vote what you think I should upload first on YouTube :3

Nifix likes this.
  2. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

survival series on shade crest survival

3. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

I would like to see you do some raids showing people what PVP is like getting more people to PVP! Btw what's the channel name?

4. QuietSea

All the info you need is in my forum signature

5. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Quiet, you must do the survival games series ^_^ It is good to finally see another active youtuber in the Shadecrest server midst. I just recently got photoshop so if you need any custom thumbnails for videos, you can just hit me up.

Oh yea, I forgot.... #ShadeCrest Youtubers Unite!

6. QuietSea

I might be good for a while with thumbnails lol, but it seems I'll be needing to make channel art

AnnodynS likes this.
  7. CanOpenerTrooper

Well, you know who to go to then ;) I am still a bit noobish with photoshop. Evidently I can render out 3D animated characters in Blender 3D (penguin's skin :) ) for like an Avatar or something :3

8. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

I think vanilla ssp, while being the most common series on youtube, is also probably the most viewer friendly. Not all people are into modded minecraft or super hostile, but every minecraft player can relate to a single player series. From that point on, it's pretty much your play style and your personality that determine your channel success.

AnnodynS, trukklob and QuietSea like this.
  9. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

cano, u any good at making banners for the new YT layout? i sorta really need one :p

10. aarondang

aarondang Active Member

Well Quiet, I believe survival games are really popular right now plus it has pvp which alot of viewers like to watch.

11. QuietSea

I'll make a montage of me dying 24/7 ;D

12. trukklob

trukklob Active Member Creative Architect

ndvenckus had it right... If your vanilla survival videos draw in any sort of crowd, other video themes like "mini games" or "hunger games" could be phased in as bonus material or split-off into unique series.
    *Personally, I think it would be cool to see you start a vanilla survival series somewhere near a peaceful (or pvp) Shadecrest server town, then at some point in the series of videos, either raid the town, or maybe just make episodes where you journey to peaceful towns and interact with in-game players. This would make for interesting survival video content, promote the Shadecrest brand, and allow player participation in the process by showing off building skills, base design, etc., and could also provide continuity for future episodes of your series. Starting from scratch, building up your base, advancing your skills, journeying on quests, raiding towns, interacting with the server members... what more could you want from a vanilla survival series?? :D

PS: *I follow a series called "life of an admin" in which a well known creative server admin records himself building and interacting with w/e on his creative server. It seemed dull a first, but now that I am an admin myself, I really find it interesting and fun to follow! :D

Long winded, I know... sorry :p

~truk

13. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

For me, I would like to see some hunger games and mini-games. If you could do some on our SG server then that'd be even better (we need more traffic). Second to that I'd like to watch a vanilla SSP series. I think modded just gets a little messy imo.

Anyway good luck :D

14. CanOpenerTrooper

I am good at making thumbnails with 3D imports of players skins. Not to good at the whole "art" thing in Photoshop.

15. QuietSea

First video is up :3 I might upload another tonight or tomorrow

AnnodynS likes this.
  16. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Hunger games are very popular. But I think survival, like Trukk said, would have the biggest draw. And hi! :)

trukklob likes this.
  17. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I loved this video. :) Very funny and it was kinda neat hearing your voice. Keep up the good work!

18. Foxums

Foxums New Member

Quietpoodle... Make a 10 part series where all you do is fly toward the camera for about 20 mins each episode.

CanOpenerTrooper and QuietSea like this.
  19. QuietSea

What do you guys think of other games? I don't have a pitless wallet, but I could at least try and play other games lol... And what do you guys think is a good upload schedule? Every tuesday, thursday, and saturday I upload a new vid? Or every day? Gimmie opinions :3

20. CanOpenerTrooper

MINECRAFT!