Furnace's stay lit

Discussion in 'Survival Server Issues' started by thechooosen1, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thechooosen1

thechooosen1 Active Member VIP

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but there is a glitch where when you smelt something in your furnace the furnace doesn't go back to it's normal state, Which is kinda cool but annoying when you have furnace BUD switches and such. Also a couple of times when smelting half stacks of gold/iron ore I only need to put 1 coal in to power it for the whole time. I have no idea what's causing it. Fixing this would be nice :)

2. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I have noticed it, but I like the effect, so I didn't say anything. Although the fact that it affects smelting and BUD switches though probs means that it needs to be fixed.

3. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

bukkit/lwc glitch maybe? I haven't researched it at all

4. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

I don't think it's LWC, none of my furnaces are locked and half of them are still lit...
    I had just figured it was a 1.6.2 bug

5. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I noticed the glitch several times, and decided to do a couple experiments with it. The infinite smelting only works as long as the chunk is kept loaded. If you log out, or get far enough away that the chunk becomes unloaded, the furnace will stay lit, but it will stop smelting. No idea what's causing it though.

6. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

I looked up the glitch and couldn't find anything on it... I've had his happen too, but I didn't know it cooked infinitely, thought it was just a visual thing.

7. thechooosen1

thechooosen1 Active Member VIP

Yeah if it was just the lighting it wouldn't be that much of a problem but seeing that people could use 1 coal instead of stacks is a real problem, far as redstone goes I think the few people that use furnace BUD switches can put up with it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

8. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

I have this happening to me every day I use it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

9. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

If it bothers you, you can break then replace the furnace

10. AQTguy

AQTguy Member

I hav seen this glitch for a while too!
    :D

11. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

You don't want to be caught doing this :)

thechooosen1 likes this.
  12. Legend9468

/vanish

thechooosen1 likes this.
  13. PieSquared761

I don't do this, but is it really so bad to save a little bit of coal?

14. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Yes

ndvenckus1 likes this.
  15. ndvenckus1

I see what you did there man, niccccce. But really though, bug abuse is bad. Don't do it.

16. PieSquared761

Redstone obsidian generator was fine last time I checked. This is considered a glitch as well?

17. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

when you have 3 double chests worth of coal, you want to be using it, not saving it!
    And this is now a feature, as are bud switches

18. ndvenckus1

This glitch allows one coal to be used infinitely. It's obviously advantageous, and will obviously be removed in the next update. Obsidian generators require resources to be put in, and require mining by the player. This doesn't fall into the same category.

thechooosen1 likes this.
  19. Legend9468

If you're patient enough, then smelting infinite amounts of a substance off of 1 coal per furnace could be rather back. You could buy a double chest of cobble from a shop, smelt it all for less than a half stack of coal and then sell it back as either stone/brick for a profit.

So yes, this needs to be fixed.

20. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Also this problem is likely a bukkit/plugin glitch

PieSquared761 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.