Lowering the Spawn Rate?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by North_Korean, Aug 1, 2013.

?

Should the spawn rate be lowered?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

I have heard many people complain about the spawn rate being too high. I am not sure if this is controllable but if it is. It should be lowered.

Pics to prove my point:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I like a challenge

Kingofall2, thechooosen1 and Magetime like this.
  3. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

Last time we lowered spawn rate, you guys complained about having no mobs. Then we keep going back and forth.
    -___-

QuietSea likes this.
  4. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Awasteds right,we have had it go up or down....we need to have it like right in the middle or something

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Dman2416 likes this.
  5. Dman2416

Dman2416 Active Member

I get tired of challenges when every time I go mining theres 5 zombies waiting for me, and suddenly 3 creepers sneak up on me.

6. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Kingofall2 likes this.
  7. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Don't forget that screenie looks like it's right on the edge of a town border, so I'd guess all mobs that can't spawn in town just spawn out of town.

8. Kingofall2

Kingofall2 Member

I'll agree, there's no shortage of mobs but it makes things interesting.

What a defense, lmao

aarondang and sharqman like this.
  9. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

mob spawn range is 5 chunks, if you're in the same place for too long they'll just pile up. If we increase that they will just spawn further out, if we decrease they'd spawn closer.

QuietSea likes this.
  10. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I lost all my stuff due to mobs several times this week, every time I make all my armour and tools again and mine for at least an hour justto loose it all to mobs again, it makes me consider just quitting minecraft all together, I can't deal with it anymore.

11. aarondang

aarondang Active Member

Just become paranoid while mining, always watching your own back and light up caves.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  12. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

I block off forks in caves that are unexplored. Keeps the mobs off my back.

13. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Might be my fault I was building to about 3 am last night lol they must have been spawning in by the hundreds lol

14. Mae

Mae Member

I enjoy having a ton of mobs, it's tough to survive and keeps things interesting.
    But then again, the amount of mobs is probably only fun for the players who have enchanted weapons and armor. A player with basic things to work with probably gets annoyed and dies more times then necessary.
    I'm split down the middle; I'd like to keep the spawn rate but at the same time I feel bad for the new players.

Dman2416 likes this.
  15. oiShocKWavesv

I die pretty consistently with full iron + and an iron sword, I'm in the process of enchanting dia armour and tools, which is about 8 level 30s. But every time I die I seem to be close to 30 or at 30. If I could get all my armour and tools done then mobs wouldn't be a problem, but the mobs don't seem to want me to do that :p

16. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

use mcmmo swords/axes, right click and swing away, you'll clear a good amount of mobs.

SkittlesQueen likes this.
  17. oiShocKWavesv

I do this aswell, I guess I just suck at killing things :D

18. aarondang

aarondang Active Member

Well, when I go mining I usually use iron armor, iron sword, and bow which I sometimes enchant with 1 level. It gets me through and I don't die much, but can also be because I wear a headset and can hear all the sounds around me.

19. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

my solution: add torches to mitigate the issue. i would still want some mobs to spawn, so i would only add a few to reduce the spawning.

sharqman likes this.
  20. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Also just make your base/local area enclosed. Be it a wall (Or a glass roof as some of the more awesome players have done), and then just place torches for about 20 blocks away from your base, as resources permit. It reduced the majority of mob spawns for me, and having a few remain means a source of mob drops/xp.

Archenemy666 likes this.