Health bar re-vote

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Aug 3, 2013.

?

Should we have health bar for players?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2013.
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Now it has been a long time since we got this plugin so I think a re-vote should be in order. We can remove it for players, but still have mob health if it is wanted.

2. iamenrique123

iamenrique123 Active Member VIP

I like it, don't see why we would want to remove it

3. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I'm in favour of getting rid of it for mobs too, don't like the way it hangs around and changes all the time lol

4. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

I like it,for mobs anyways

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

5. thechooosen1

thechooosen1 Active Member VIP

I'm the opposite I like having it above players but not on mobs :3

6. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah, I say we get rid of it for both. As for mobs, it just creates a big mess if you have a bunch of them, and can be seen from extremely far away, and as for players, it's an aspect of PvP that isn't meant to be in the game, and I like the mystery of it.

7. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

To be completely honest, it's a rather poorly coded plugin. It doesn't have a feature to automatically remove the health bar after a certain amount of time for mobs, and this leads to areas spammed with health bars of farm animals. If a mob is named, the name is also obscured by the health bar. In regards to the player health bar, the developer was plain lazy. Instead of writing his own code for displaying the hearts for players, he simply hijacked the scoreboard mechanics. The plugin creates a "team" for each amount of health, and puts players on the corresponding team. This means that it breaks any events that the team mechanic would be useful for. For example, when Erik was working on the predator arena, he had the "Hunters" and the "Predators" on separate teams. The invisible Predators could see each other, and friendly fire was off for each team. However, whenever someone took damage they were removed from the team, Predators couldn't see each other anymore, and friendly fire was enabled.

That turned into a bit more of a rant than i had hoped for, but that's my opinion.
    TL;DR The plugin is lazily coded, and negatively affects some aspects of the game.

8. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

I like it being above player's heads, but for mobs, it is rather annoying.

PieSquared761 likes this.
  9. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Over peeps, not over mobs :D

10. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I like it over both, it gives a nice indicator of when to attack, and when to run away. I don't pvp atm so I'm not fussed.

Although, I do agree with the farm mobs and how annoying it is seeing the bars all the time.

11. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

If it could just be for hostile mobs it'd be great, but since that's probably not an option, and moreso for the reasons random mentioned we should get rid of it

Legend9468 likes this.
  12. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

I don't want it for mobs. My horse no longer shows it's name since I shows it's healthbar instead.

13. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

This plugin breaks stuff that I've tried to do with teams. I don't like it :(

NMBr2d2 and Random0ne like this.
  14. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

The plugging basically removes the ability to do anything with teams, be it the predator game, pvp games with teams, and many plugins in the future that will make use of teams. I'd rather fight and play mini games than know that that creeper 100 blocks away has 4 health.

15. sharqman

The poll is close, but the points are all for getting rid of it. Since it interferes too much with teams, it will be gone on the next reset!

16. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Which would be when? Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

17. sharqman

next server restart

ezeiger92 likes this.