New Biomes In 1.7

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by THEdeadRETURNED, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Not getting the cool new biomes makes people sad as well. Hence the secret discussion which are not being held in my wardrobe.

AnnodynS likes this.
  2. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

New biomes =awesome. Resetting = stressful. Gotta find a middle ground somewhere. Legend's wardrobe = hilarious. <3

3. LeafGreen877

LeafGreen877 Member

Middle ground = extending the current world limits and generating new biomes

4. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Perhaps we could have 2 maps at once for a month or two, people move their stuff over to the new map, and some world edit could be used in a similar fashion to the creative server to transfer some builds over?

Jasperli and Flamestar00 like this.
  5. Flamestar00

Flamestar00 Active Member VIP

This is good. And maybe towns could get copied and pasted over. Only problem is if u had horses u could take them to the new world! ( I am saying this cause I have gone through a lot of stress getting horses to places D:) Would there be a way to join the two worlds together?

6. PieSquared761

Another idea would be to go back to shadecrest 1.0, we have the old map still :D??????????

Worth a try right?

Jasperli likes this.
  7. LeafGreen877

LeafGreen877 Member

I still think the map border should be expanded and generate new 1.7 terrain as long as we have warps to get there.

8. Legend9468

Could I clarify something for the general public, we start discussions on how to integrate new features almost as soon as we have a confirmation on them.

And also to remind everyone that the new features actually rely on when bukkit updates, and not MC, like so many people seem to think. This being a rather large update, it'll take at least a week, probably more to update.

9. brenthi

brenthi New Member

I think this is the best idea yet out of all of the ideas posted people wouldnt lose all their stuff if they stayed active and all the noob bases left over wont be wasting space in the world. It should be 3 month period the transition in case people went inactive or on holiday for awhile they would still be able to transfer stuff

10. LeafGreen877

LeafGreen877 Member

And how do you plan to transfer horses?

11. PieSquared761

I hate horses, so I'm not the best person to ask :)

12. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I'm sure the survival staff have thought of all of this guys, I really wouldn't worry about your stuff/bases etc. being lost. We recently had an update on the creative server and it worked out pretty smoothly due to a select few staff members working their butts off to move builds etc. I'm sure if there are any changes the staff will do their utmost to ensure all of your hard work will not be in vain, staff are players too you know :)

13. PieSquared761

Builds would probably be easily transferred, items would probably have to be transferred manually though.

14. treyman77

treyman77 Active Member

Man c'mon Notch and Jeb make double ender chest!!!!

15. PieSquared761

Well, we would have to have multiverse to have 2 worlds at once, so i doubt enderchests would transfer items between those two worlds.

16. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Do VIPs have an advantage as far as exploration?

17. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Chests can be copied over, but all special items (enchants, named items, special fireworks, etc.) will have to be moved manually or they would get lost.

18. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

We will be getting refunded on chest locks right?

PieSquared761 likes this.
  19. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Look guys, there's been a thread made about what they would do if we made a new world. Go and check it out then ask anymore questions you may have there.

20. Legend9468

Chest locks were somewhat up for debate last I saw, it's not as straightforward as one might think when you take VIPs into consideration.

I have 3 locks and you have 3 locks; you paid the full cost of 3000, and I paid 1200 with my VIP V status. Simple enough so far. But when there's people who have 3o chest locks and aquired VIP roughly 2/3rds of the way through, how much do we refund those people?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.