NEW comunity project ideas

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by sioutdoors, Aug 30, 2013.

1. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

For some of the builder II and new architects and apprentices that never used world edit or voxel sniper this will be a great time to learn. Builder II's will get to see hands on how things take shape from beginning to end. Also what about a siege map one spawn for attackers who then cross bridges vines trees to another island to get the defenders who guard an overgrown dwermer style citadel.

Legend9468 and treyman77 like this.
  2. sioutdoors

World edit makes a gravity brush that is amazing

3. treyman77

treyman77 Active Member

I like that idea Siout.

4. Ksapple107

Ksapple107 Active Member Creative Architect

I would also love to be involved in this. I consider myself fairly good at terrain (voxel/WE, I've got dis) and organics. @cemetery .. organic means statues or sculptures of living things :)

This will be AWESOME :p
    aaaah so excited for the end result, too soon-too soon

5. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I'm also helping out, you have no choice in the matter.

Also, depending on when we start, I would be happy to do the simple menial tasks, like making the paths, walls and lighting and such.

6. Ksapple107

uploadfromtaptalk1378875950743.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Legend9468 likes this.
  7. Legend9468

Just expanding on Si's idea slightly. For the attacking team, how about they spawn from a camp of sorts? I.e. they're adventurers/archaeologists who're exploring and have disturbed the natives/defenders. Or the other way around, the explorers are defending their find against trespassers, who seek to claim it for themselves.

My mind's spinning with possibilities and variations now. If we develop our own style, we could make a series of maps using it, and give the sg server (which I'm guessing would be home to these) a distinct feel.

The ruins feel would also lend to a king-of-the-hill style game, with two teams competing to get to the shrine in the middle.

(Now I'm just rambling, putting ideas down before I forget them; I'll move them to the Sg suggestions later)

I've also had the idea for a race of sorts, based off of the above. There's two or more teams racing towards the end, combat is not so high a priority in this map, as much as getting to the end is (getting to the end can give a massive buff to the team who reaches it? Or maybe just blow up the opposing side's course, killing them). The two teams have to go through a series of parkour and arena style things. Located in the course are certain points where you can help the other team, through ways such as moving a block closer for a jumping puzzle, or blocking off a skele spawner during an arena. These are entirely optional, but a favour paid to the other team may mean that they return it later when you're struggling; or can be ignored entirely if you're confident.

Ksapple107 likes this.
  8. sioutdoors

all good ideas legend lets go with two camps exploring a ruins idea I like that. Also for a name Centurian Ruins. That's right we need some of this [​IMG]
    and some of this
    [​IMG]
    on the main island is the ruins and the centurians, on the two camp islands the usual explores tents and such. Ilands connect in may diff ways as islands "orbit" the larger one. Im gonna make and official sign up and project details page if a bit

9. Legend9468

I may need to boot up the old Skyrim to get a feel for the Dwemer ruins again. I may not be the best builder, but I'm one of the best ideas guys.

Also, for one of the connectors, we should totally do a fallen tower, it would make a change from all of the vines, and provide a nice bit of cover as you're crossing.

EDIT: does anyone who doesn't own Skyrim/can be bothered want me to gather some reference pics for them? I'm going to do it anyway, but I can gather a lot more if you haven't seen it firsthand.

10. Ksapple107

It would be nice if you posted them here. I do think we should finish the hub before starting this though *?*

11. Legend9468

The hub has a separate group of builders; ules they completly abandone the project for this one, it should be fine.

Righteo peoples, if you want to help; a demonstration would be appreciated. Doesn't have to be anything big, just show me something that demonstrates the style that we're going with (i.e. abandoned dwemer ruins and stuff, also organic vines and/or floating islands). This is partially so I can get an idea of what your building style is and partially so I can get an idea of what we're going to build.

12. sioutdoors

yeah no rush on the project I see it being atleast 2 weeks before we start anything. I'll be planning stuffing and doing layout work till then atleast

13. Ksapple107

K

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

14. sioutdoors

also im making a sign up post to bring in people. Now they may not have the skill we need but that's what the team leaders and architects helping are for. This is as much of a learning experience for all involved as it is a building.

Ksapple107 likes this.
  15. Legend9468

That's also the fun part about being in a team! If in doubt, just copy someone else and pass it off as your own!

cemeterry, Ksapple107 and sioutdoors like this.
  16. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

If you make it not humungus we can use it for a new pvp event. (A larger group of kitted out people raid a fortress or whatever trying to get the flag from heavy armed tanks

Ksapple107 likes this.
  17. sioutdoors

that's the plan stan keeping it tight and detailed the centurians might take a bit of room

18. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Last time we worked with ozo's rustic texture pack, I think it could be cool to work in a pack again. My vote would be with SMP's Revival, it is one smexy resource pack imo.

19. sioutdoors

OK let's toss some ideas out there
    We kind of need something close to vanilla if its going to be a game map

Ksapple107 likes this.
  20. cemeterry

cemeterry Member

I usually always use a resource pack but I switch to vanilla now and then to see how it is looking.